Saturday Opener - Page 33 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #321 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:44 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whil e kioti View Post
Well...it could say that the BOC will take it into consideration...but that doesn't seem likely...since they already know the results and they are the ones considering the change in the first place.
It could say a lot of things. It could say that the guy who wrote the question was wearing a pink shirt with a purple polka dot tie at the time? What's the point??????

If you read that Game News article, it was perfectly clear that at least one person did not give the poll any regard whatsoever? So why even conduct the poll, and cite it in the article, if it's going to be disregarded anyway????
That's the kind of thing the PGC does that frustrates me. Pay money to conduct a pol, and then have the BOC totally ignore it. So it's a waste of time and money....
whil e kioti likes this.

Last edited by kudu58; 01-20-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudu58 View Post
It could say a lot of things. It could say that the guy who wrote the question was wearing a pink shirt with a purple polka dot tie at the time? What's the point??????

If you read that Game News article, it was perfectly clear that at least one person did not give the poll any regard whatsoever? So why even conduct the poll, and cite it in the article, if it's going to be disregarded anyway????
Thats why i said in an earlier post the BOC could care less what the hunters prefer or want as long as it benefits them.
kudu58 and whil e kioti like this.

4B
post #323 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:47 PM

Thanks Cspot. I did see that survey but did not read through it because I thought there was a more recent survey on the subject. I agree that the single question does not address the added day. The added day was the deciding factor for me and I am sure for alot of other hunters. I also have to question the validity of a 4 year old survey.

Good luck, Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #324 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony300wby View Post
Thanks Cspot. I did see that survey but did not read through it because I thought there was a more recent survey on the subject. I agree that the single question does not address the added day. The added day was the deciding factor for me and I am sure for alot of other hunters. I also have to question the validity of a 4 year old survey.

Good luck, Tony

There may be a more recent survey. The PGC is horrible at updating their website.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #325 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:53 PM
The Man

At this point, they are going to do what they are going to do. I believe the biggest change I have seen in hunting in my lifetime was the implementation of AR/HR. In the end, those changes proved to be a lot for some people and it resulted in the largest decline in hunter participation that we've had, for various reasons - one of them being the amount of ground that got posted.
Right here and now, with all of these proposals for change coming down the pipe, I believe that we are on the precipice of another time of big change, and we will see the same results for the same reasons. If all of this stuff gets implemented, within 5 years from that happening, we will see another large drop in hunter participation and license sales. It is just too much for some.
I will continue to hunt whether I like this stuff or not, but to me some of it is very frustrating. A lot of people just say the heck with it and give up. I love hunting too much for that, I guess we will see.
fall gobbler and blackpowder like this.
post #326 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
At this point, they are going to do what they are going to do. I believe the biggest change I have seen in hunting in my lifetime was the implementation of AR/HR. In the end, those changes proved to be a lot for some people and it resulted in the largest decline in hunter participation that we've had, for various reasons - one of them being the amount of ground that got posted.
Right here and now, with all of these proposals for change coming down the pipe, I believe that we are on the precipice of another time of big change, and we will see the same results for the same reasons. If all of this stuff gets implemented, within 5 years from that happening, we will see another large drop in hunter participation and license sales. It is just too much for some.
I will continue to hunt whether I like this stuff or not, but to me some of it is very frustrating. A lot of people just say the heck with it and give up. I love hunting too much for that, I guess we will see.
I swear you and i have the same brain lol. I said basically the same thing earlier in this post but you just worded it much better.

4B
post #327 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:57 PM

9 On what kind of land did you hunt deer in Pennsylvania during the 2013 14 seasons?

55% Privately owned land ex Owned by private citizens and companies

16%Publicly owned land ex Government-ownedlands like State Game Lands and State Forests

29% Both privately and publicly owned land.

Someone was asking for this on another post. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #328 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:59 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
I swear you and i have the same brain lol.
That would scare the crap out of alot of people......but then again, maybe great minds think alike!!!!

I may have missed your earlier post, I got weary of this thread for a while before getting back in to it....
post #329 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I really don't see that much change coming down the pipe compared to other years. If you look back there has been alot of change over the last 30 years.

HR going to a full 2 week concurrent was a far bigger change in my opinion.

The Saturday opener has been discussed by the BOC for a number of years. This isn't new news. Even if it passes in Jan it may not pass in April. Remember with SA they passed it for all game in Jan, but then just did the small game in April. They will get more feedback after the Jan meeting if it is passed.

I would guess that right now probably 95% or more of hunters aren't even aware of this proposal being on the agenda. If it passes in Jan then it will likely get some more news coverage and they will get more feedback.

post #330 of 442 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger View Post
9 On what kind of land did you hunt deer in Pennsylvania during the 2013 14 seasons?

55% Privately owned land ex Owned by private citizens and companies

16%Publicly owned land ex Government-ownedlands like State Game Lands and State Forests

29% Both privately and publicly owned land.

Someone was asking for this on another post. Waugh!

Who. Not me. I was wanting harvest data.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page