The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Blood on Fur

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  VAPAHunter 
#1 ·
My question for everyone is how do you get the blood off of the fur after you have skinned and fleshed an animal?

#3 ·
cold water and if it's crusted, you can use cold water and peroxide. make sure you rinse it well after the peroxide, but it will foam up on the blood and works to loosen it a bit.

learned this from my wife who was a nurse at the time. they use peroxide to get blood off clothing.

#7 ·
Don't sweat the small stuff..
On fox, if it isn't allot it will comb out. You would comb them before you flesh and then a couple more times once they are done drying. So most of the time it comes out. Coon you comb them as well before you flesh so most of the blood will come out then. Then as far as a finish coon they dry fur in so you don't see any small blood spots.
I guess I should have asked what method you use to dispatch.
I only no how I go about it and have very minimal blood.

#8 ·
I try to shoot the animals in the back of the head, that seems to have minimal blood on the fur. Just that this last fox i caught would not give me that shot, so i shot her between the eyes. then while skinning and pulling the fur over her head, the blood was getting onto the fur. I did get it cleaned up fairly well for the most part now that the skin is dry.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.