The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Cable cutter for 3/32" cable?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Cooney 
#1 ·
What cable cutter do you like to cut the 3/32" cable?

I don't want to use linesman pliers or wire cutters because I am afraid that if I flatten it out and it frays I won't be able to get the ends into the ferrules.

#3 ·
Number17 gives good advice. I messed around with other tools for a couple years. Night and day difference. They cut with ease and leave a perfect end.

#6 ·
Re: Cable cutter for 3/32" cable?

I ordered them. That's funny limbhnger10...because I have the Park Tool bicycle cable cutters but I didn't want to ruin them on the thick 3/32 cable. I ride mostly road these days and run marathons.

Thank You everyone for your help.

#7 ·
17's pic of cable cutters work great. Also, if you have bolt cutters, it will work good. Whatever you do, only use linemen pliers/dikes on wire and cable cutters for cable. If you use one for the other, they will not last long/be ruined.

#10 ·
Cooney said:
I ordered them. That's funny limbhnger10...because I have the Park Tool bicycle cable cutters but I didn't want to ruin them on the thick 3/32 cable. I ride mostly road these days and run marathons.

Thank You everyone for your help.

#12 ·
Wow. I ordered them and they came already. They are VERY heavy-duty. I got them used off of eBay but they aree in perfect shape and were half the price of new ones. Thank You again everyone.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.