Crosman 2100 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Squirrel247

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Crosman 2100

Can someone please tell me if this air rifle is adequate for squirrels and can it be scoped?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 08:38 AM

It can be scoped and it rated at 755 ft per second. If I were you I would look at a Break Barrel Pellet Rifle such as Gamo, Benjamin that are offered in different caliber sizes....177...22....25... etc..... There are a ton of great air rifles out on the market right now. What is your price range?

The past can not be forgotten, but the future is anything you want it to be.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Buckeroo...thanks for the reply. My price is probably in the $150-$200 range. What's a decent gun for this price; and what's a good gun that's not heavier than my big-game rifle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 12:40 PM

I just picked up the Gamo Hornet Maxxim .22 and it is way more accurate and deadlier than I had ever imagined it being. I recommend this Pellet rifle to anyone out there looking.

The past can not be forgotten, but the future is anything you want it to be.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 12:30 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

I bought a Crossman break barrel at Walmart for around $120 or maybe a little less. I shot it over the chronograph and it was way faster than advertised. I think they advertised 1200 with 177 cal pellets and I was around 1400. It will shoot through some traps and definitely will put a squirrel or rabbit to sleep in short order. We had a scope on it and it was very accurate. We since moved that scope to a 22 rimfire so I need another scope for it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 08:06 PM
The Man

To answer your question about the 2100.........................

Yes. I'd limit my shots to 20 yards or so. And take only gimme shots. Use a decent quality scope. I've run both the 2100 and its predecessor, the 766. They are both pretty darned accurate for pumpers and have quite a bit of thump. My old 766 would shoot clear through a steel 3 lb. coffee can at 40 yards.

demokraten saugen
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Strut10....Great news. Thanks for the update. I got a gift card given to me recently and bought the 2100 at a big-box store. It was sort of what I was looking for: light-weight, accurate and inexpensive.
It great to hear that you have had one, and it shoots well. Again, thanks.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 06:20 PM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumptrap View Post
Can someone please tell me if this air rifle is adequate for squirrels and can it be scoped?
As already stated under close range, using GOOD pellets. A scope I would suggest would be a Simmon 3-9x32AO 22mag. Its a nice sized scope, includes rings, adjustable objective down to 7 yards. I would use RWS Superdomes, they're a little heavier than Crosman Premier, a little more money but worth it. You can order them on WalMart.com and have them in 2 days.. When I say they're worth the money I mean it. At 20 yards you could expect 1 ragged hole if you do your job. Plug the heavier pellet carries more energy. In stock form I wouldn't use 10.5 grain pellets because they will be flying around 500fps.

If you're going to invest in a breakbarrel my recommendation for all new air gunners especially ones that want to hunt is usually the same, a RWS 34 in .22 caliber but that is over $200 new. Currently there is a nice used one on Armslist. My other suggestion would be a .22 break barrel from Hatsan. Currently MidwayUSA has Hatsan air rifles on sale. The model 95 is a great gun and the QE versions or suppressed. Currently Midway has one blemished model 95 in .22 caliber for less and $150, its the Vortex gas ram QE version.

Both RWS & Hatsan have triggers superior to Crosman/Benjamin & Gamo although the Gamo C.A.T trigger is decent.

If I was looking for the RWS I would look into the used one on Armslist because its half the money and its already been shot and probably is broke in.
Buckeroo likes this.

I do NOT believe that just happened...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page