The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Hawke

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  NiceRack! 
#1 ·
Just had my Hawke 3x32 MAP crrap out. While on the range the target aquishsion focus failed. The eye diopter didn't correct it. So back to Hawke it goes. Customer support was quick got my RMA in a few hours.

#3 ·
ok. while scope is being sent back to Hawke, good time to look over my Tornado. everything seems fine. except for the fact the my new string serving is once again separating nock point. which Parker says is normal
so I was reading over their new warranty policy and it clearly states that if the owner doesn't use their bolt with the capture nock this will void the life time warranty. Hmm
I've been using a different bolt since day one. I meet the required 400 grain weight. they shoot well ..but now I'm concern if I have limb failure I'm not covered

any Parker boys want to chime in on this ?

#4 ·
I have the tornado f-4 bought in 2013 with no issues up until summer 2015. I shot a few rounds and it was hitting the bullseye at 20,30,40 yards. Suddenly it started to shoot a little high and to the right.
All hardware was tighten, the serving was normal so i resighted it in. Was good for a couple shots, than it was back shooting high and to the right. At that point i really inspected the crossbow.
What i did find was thanks to my son he noticed the string on the left side of bow that loops around the top wheel on the limb was hanging on by a few threads.
I took the x bow to the dealer and pointed this out and he replaced both strings with no charge. I was back at it again once i got it home.
History repeated itself all over again after a few rounds, it started to wander to the right. The loop on string again was starting to come apart. I inspected both limbs and noticed a hair line crack on the right limb. I ran my finger nail over the looks like a crack. Hard to tell due to the camo finish. I felt nothing so i tried the q-tip and it left no material behind. I knew in my mind that is a crack so i got a very small flat head screw driver and lightly drag the end of the tip onto the limb and it stopped at the crack.
Took it back to the dealer and informed him what i found on the limb and of course the string was tearing. He inspected the x bow and called parker right then and there and they were shipping a new front end. Within a few days i had the new front end on my x bow no charge.
I was shooting the red hot parker arrows with capture nocks. I lubed the rail about every 8-10 shots. There were a few times i left the x bow cocked over night cause i was going back out the next morning. I don't do that any more. I get home i shoot into the target.
Look over your limbs very carefully, best of luck to you...

#6 ·
NiceRack! said:
so I was reading over their new warranty policy and it clearly states that if the owner doesn't use their bolt with the capture nock this will void the life time warranty. Hmm
I've been using a different bolt since day one. I meet the required 400 grain weight. they shoot well ..but now I'm concern if I have limb failure I'm not covered

any Parker boys want to chime in on this ?
You said you were shooting the capture nocks that Parker recommends, right?
Honestly, any failure of the limbs or string will be be the result of using moon nocks.

#7 ·
No. So far my First Gen Tornado is in tack. No limb failular yet. I was just say they revised thier warranty stating if you don't use Parker capture nock bolts your bow warranty is invalid if you have repair issues. Only issue I have is severing separation where the trigger and nock meet. Starts off nice tight winds. Then after shooting they start to spread outwards exposing the string. I've always used redhot Parker cables / string

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.