The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

12:01 Got my License & DMAP tags

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  outofstater 
#1 ·
Well,after many years of hunting,i got my license on line! I did this to get DMAP tags for an area i've been trying to get them for 10 years.
Push a couple of buttons and there they were!!!!!I did it! I had met my challenge? Success was mine ! Finally?
I am looking at 70 years old and not many things left that i consider a goal,but this was. I have a lot better reasoning than i did 40 years back and i thought to myself " 1 or 2 DMAP TAGS?".
In 2 or 3 minutes,50 of 100 tags were sold!
I was about to click on buying 2 of them and i said to myself "Why do you want them?" As i pondered this thoughts came to my mind,like,To help the Dmap area thin their herd,nope that's not it? Do i need the meat?Nope! Then it hit me! It came down to greed so some one else can't have the tags?
I clicked out of them and just got my Regular license. Besides,i have become a horn hunter,nice rack or i don't shot it and give the meat away!

#3 ·
I had much the same thought honestly. I quickly added 2 DMAP tags to my cart before some soul searching that made me realize 1. I probably wouldn't use the tags, and 2. I was just buying them now so no one else could get them. I took them out and bought just my regular license.

I figure someone who will actually use the tags is more deserving than I.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.