The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

The 18th Century Artisan Show

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Retired_Rusty 
#1 ·
I saw a mention in another post that this is "next month". Wanted to point out it is next Fri.-Sat., and a treat to visit!

Sometimes tiring on the wallet, but a treat nonetheless!

18th Century Artisan Show

See less See more
#8 ·
Well Saturday when we are there, I'll be wearing a SAC (Strategic Air Command) baseball hat and have a little 5'4" lady with me. If anyone from here sees us, feel free to say hello.

#9 ·
Hmmmm.....kinda convenient that I am out this way and get done early Friday!!!

If I get done early enough and don't have a reason to run home I will definitely have to check it out!!!

Better see how far it is...

Hmmmm. It isn't far...about an hour and kinda sorta but not really on my way home...

Unless I swing something else that might work maybe...

Anyone going Friday afternoon?

Is it worth stopping for an hour or 2-3??

#12 ·
Allen, I'll be sure to stop by. Sat in on your seminar at the builders fair and enjoyed it. Even admired your self control and patience with the kid and the momentary blank look you had when he asked about the "receiver" on the flintlock

#14 ·
tdd, from seeing Allen's patience with that young man, I can see why he has the patience to turn out the fine rifles that he does. I look forward to this year and picking up even more info from him. Hopefully he'll have some time at the show this weekend to answer a few questions I have.

#17 ·
Looking forward to tomorrow. Should get there between 9:00-10:00. In the market for a powder horn.

#18 ·
Was at the show today for the first time. Some amazing guns there, works of art. Even stopped and introduced myself briefly to a busy Allen Martin who also had some fine looking guns on his table. So glad I went & I will be back next year, hopefully with more money to bring one of them home.

#19 ·
Was there today. Got to talk to Allen Martin, walked around with Retired Rusty for a bit, got to chat with BlackBruin as well. Well worth the time and drive to attend!

(And Allen knows JUST what to put in front of a guy to tempt him, too.......he had a sweet little 40-cal Bucks rifle that still has me drooling!)

#20 ·
Saw Allen, but he was very busy so never got the chance to talk. Did talk with Mark Wheland for a bit. He had a nice Bedford rifle we talked about for a bit (real nice rifles!).

Did run into the Belzers. We met at last years builders fair. Made plans to get together at the campground again this year. Guess the wife and I did not cross paths with anyone else, since no body recognized the hat.

Did pick up some odds and ends and some ideas. Also managed to find a book on Western PA longrifles. Happened to be eyeballing a copy from a local book dealer earlier this week, but a vendor at the show had it for $10 cheaper, so scarfed it up.

Overall, another great show. Now looking forward to the builders fair (need to make our campground reservations)

#21 ·
Yep, was a great visit. Drooled over a few shooters with TDD. Saw a really sweet .54 J.P. Beck at Allen's table, but the $11k price tag made it just a fantasy! Someday.....

#22 ·
One thing I thought was really interesting was the number of original Berks rifles I saw throughout the show. I have a thing for Berks rifles, and there were quite a few modern made guns, and quite a few originals. That was very cool to see.

Rusty and I got to talk with a gentleman with a jaeger he'd had built as well. That was a real treat. I've never handled one before, and I got a chance to shoulder as close to a real jaeger as my shoulder will ever feel. That was a great opportunity.

That Beck Allen had out was just....wow. Such a neat rifle.

The Bucks 40-cal is still on my mind. My wife made sure to give me a slap on the back of the head when I was telling her what I saw at the show and she saw my eyes light up at the mention of that rifle. She knows what that look on my face means.....

#23 ·
Tom,

Where did they say the September Show will be? I forgot to grab a paper on it. And do you remember, was it CLA and ALR?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.