The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Love Crossbow Hunting

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  airgun101 
#1 ·
At age 58 I decided to buy a crossbow and try some October deer hunting. In the last 4 years I have shot the two biggest buck of my life (hunting since age 12) and one doe. I hope to never use the rifle again. Wish I would have started years ago but I couldn't until the new crossbow law.

#6 ·
Lynnappelman said:
At age 58 I decided to buy a crossbow and try some October deer hunting. In the last 4 years I have shot the two biggest buck of my life (hunting since age 12) and one doe. I hope to never use the rifle again. Wish I would have started years ago but I couldn't until the new crossbow law.
Great time of the year to be deer hunting.

#10 ·
This was my first year with a crossbow after 16 years with a bow. I've thoroughly enjoyed hunting with the crossbow and in no way feel that my harvest of game was in anyway diminished (as some would suggest) compared to harvesting with a bow. I've had recurring shoulder and elbow issues, and I'm glad to be able to stay in the game.

#11 ·
WexfordBowhunter said:
This was my first year with a crossbow after 16 years with a bow. I've thoroughly enjoyed hunting with the crossbow and in no way feel that my harvest of game was in anyway diminished (as some would suggest) compared to harvesting with a bow. I've had recurring shoulder and elbow issues, and I'm glad to be able to stay in the game.
Are you still WexfordBowhunter?

#12 ·
dpms said:
WexfordBowhunter said:
Are you still WexfordBowhunter?
Maybe I should change my screen handle to WexfordXBowhunter. LOL

#13 ·
Ditto ! I am now 68, I have only taken deer with a flintlock since. We need to enjoy the early seasons do to the climate, rut , the best time to be in the woods. Your next step needs to be Turkey fall and spring. I have hunted with the Flintlock since before there was a special season, The x bow has taken over even the early Flintlock !! It s TRADITIONAL The cross bow is as old as the. BIBLE !! King Richerd The Lion Hearted was NECK SHOT with one !!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.