The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community - View Single Post - Setting up for fur
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 10:26 PM
TJC60788
Part of the Community

Re: Setting up for fur

Typically I set as you said 2-4 traps and go to the next property. These are set on locations that I feel are the best on the property and that are easily accessible as my check time is limited being I typically check before work.

Most of my farms are spread out but a few are clustered and those ones that are clustered I typically stick to 2 traps as my thought process is I have 2 traps right across the way. Farms that are spaced out I put a few more typically thinking I am in a different pocket of fur and need to maximize my chances. Time again plays a big factor for me to be able to get through my line so I cant set as many traps per property as I would like in order to get through the properties I would like to cover in the amount of time I have.

I also think the more traps you have on several good locations on a property the better your chances are for coyotes. I typically run a farm for no more than 2 weeks so where I may have a few chances at a fox traveling that particular location being their home range is smaller I may only get the coyotes to come through once or twice. Just my thoughts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome