Man bit by rattlesnake - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Man bit by rattlesnake

Man charged with selling rattlesnakes critically ill from multiple snake bites: report
Updated May 28, 2019; Posted May 28, 2019
947 shares
By John Beauge, Special to PennLive

WILLIAMSPORT Capturing eastern timber rattlesnakes can be dangerous and, if done without a permit, illegal.

Cody Lee Short, 40, of the Trout Run area, can attest to both.

He is in Geisinger Medical Center near Danville after receiving multiple snake bites on his lower legs and hands Friday night. He was reported in critical condition Tuesday.

Short was bitten just hours after he appeared in Lycoming County court where his scheduled guilty plea to charges related to the illegal capture and sale of rattlesnakes and the killing of 12 prized deer in another case was delayed. The cases were continued to determine the status of theft charges against him in Northumberland County related to rifle scopes.

false
Pa. man charged with illegally catching 22 timber rattlers expresses remorse
The Lycoming County man caught the snakes in the area around his cabin in Cogan House Twp. with plans to eat them last June at a party to mark his 40th birthday, he explained.
It wasnt known Tuesday how Short was bitten by the snakes because he has yet to be interviewed, said Capt. Alan Robinson of the state Fish and Boat Commission. Short self-reported the bites, Robinson said.

State police and the commission are conducting a joint investigation, and he would not say if additional charges are likely.

Six rattlesnakes found at the site had to be euthanized because their tails had been cut off, Robinson said.

Short was arrested after he agreed to sell an undercover officer 11 snakes for $900. The 22 rattlesnakes that he had at the time of his arrest, which he claimed hed caught around his cabin in Cogan House Township last June, were relocated and released, Robinson said.

In February after waiving the charges into court Short told Pennlive: Im very ashamed for all that I did. Everything about this was wrong. Im guilty of what I did.

Short claimed he had been in the reptile business for quite a while, had been selling snakes for more than 10 year and at one time had a permit. A permit would allow the capture of one snake a year during the season, which this year is June 9 to July 31, the commission says. It is illegal to sell the snakes.

Short also is accused of killing 12 deer worth $138,000 at Whitetail Mountain Lodge, a fence enclosed preserve where deer are bred, raised and released for hunting purposes.

The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
The day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder.
Where the fair wind blows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 06:00 PM
Frequent Contributor

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 06:16 PM
Sage

He should be thrown into a pit full of agitated rattle snakes and a couple of buck mad with the rut and let nature take it's course!

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 06:23 PM

sounds like the snakes got him first. Mother Nature had her revenge hope he lives.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:47 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Have a feeling there is more to this story. We are only getting the "Short" version at this time.

I will prepare and someday my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:05 PM
Sage

Did you miss the part where he is a professional rattlesnake poacher? He finally got what he should have gotten a long time ago. He is a puke, an outlaw and a criminal. He got what he deserved.
bohunr, BillHjr and huntr4477 like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

[/QUOTE]
Short was bitten just hours after he appeared in Lycoming County court where his scheduled guilty plea to charges related to the illegal capture and sale of rattlesnakes.

State police and the commission are conducting a joint investigation, and he would not say if additional charges are likely.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't miss that, just saying that it sounds like there is more to the story.

I will prepare and someday my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Suicide by snake...
TENPT, jimsdad and Grouse28 like this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:44 AM
Frequent Contributor

"Children shouldnt play with dead things".......OR RATTLESNAKES!

Heaven has a gate, walls, and strict immigration policy.... enough said.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:26 AM

ok I wanna know...

how many times was he bit on the hands and legs ??
how many different snakes got a piece of him??
I mean normally a person gets bit once if the are dumb enough to get bit at all
last time I heard of someone getting bit as many times as suggested, it was in greek mythology

Da hawk ate my baby!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in