Back To Top
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Carbon County Pa/Kidder Township
Re: Copperhead Bite
Not my opinion but from the Hikers Notebook
The copperhead bite is not serious and requires only minor medical treatment. This is because the venom of the copperhead is not as toxic as that of other poisonous snakes and because copperheads generally do not inject very much. Symptoms of snakebite vary according to individuals and according to the location of the bite. The destruction of red blood cells will almost always be accompanied by bleeding, pain and swelling, and a weak and giddy feeling. Other reported symptoms include difficulty breathing, a change in the pulse rate (usually up but sometimes down), nausea with subsequent vomiting, intestinal discomfort, and unconsciousness.
Good Luck to your wife
My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen