The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

2010 Success Photo Thread

20K views 37 replies 33 participants last post by  hihaven 
#1 ·
See less See more
#11 ·
I shot this eight point today at 8 am. He was chasing a doe with his nose to the ground grunting the entire time. I ended up shooting him a less than ten yards right below my stand. I thought I made a great shot but ended up watching him run about 100 yards, pause, then cut across the corner of a field into another piece of woods.

Found some blood and a what I thought was stomach material and backed out. Came back later in afternoon and tracked him for 300 plus yards before I found him dead and stiff as a board. He went a long way but must have died quick. I was a bit low but I must have caught some vitals.

50 caliber Traditions Pursuit shooting 245 grain powerbelts and tripple seven. First muzzleloader deer. And yes, this is in Virginia, no worries......

#13 ·
Congrats! 2 very nice animals.

We grow'em kinda big up here in Susq. Co.

Lyman GPH 50 flint, 57 peep sight, T7 powder, 444 Powerbelt, 97 yd., Newfoundland.

#20 ·
Awesome posts --pics----especially the next generation of hunters coming up!!! I look forward to the day my son and daughter take their first deer. Congrats! Byy the way they will start hunting with flintlocks only!

#24 ·
DennyF said:
Mercy killin' on that scrawny little thing, wasn't it?

Congrats. How's come your Hawken looks so much better than mine does?
3.5 year old doe, with 2 fawns. I went back the next day to kill the fawns, but all I saw was tracks leading away from mom's gut pile.

My Hawken looks good because I get her out once in a while and use it. Takes on a special patina when a gun gets used. LOL

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.