The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Canada Walleye Lake?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  fishdart 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a family friendly lake in Canada with decent walleye fishing not too far from the 1,000 Island Bridge. Any recommendations? Thanks!!

#3 ·
When I was in my teens, my dad took me to laverendre provincial park three times. We tent camped and fished small lakes, most under a thousand acres and caught lots of walleye and pike. There are 2 large lakes (lac dozior and grand lac Victoria) that have cabins and larger boats, but we never fished them.

Lots of eater walleye. My best was a 7.5lb blue walleye.

It seems that the lakes close to the border are fished hard. IMO, rent a state park cabin at pymatuning, and keep your money in the us.

#8 ·
harleynit said:
That is also my experience. Fish Rideau chain every year and have never seen a walleye. Only quality walleye fishing I have had is fly in camps in Quebec.
For many years my dad and I rented a cabin for a week on Indian Lake of the Rideau chain. We fished mainly Indian, Clear and Newboro Lakes. Never knew it as a walleye lake at all but plenty of largemouth & smallmouth bass and pike along with lots of panfish. Fun memories of that place, both on and off the water.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.