The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Land to lease in Chester County

8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  bountiful 
#1 ·
Looking for private land to lease and hunt in 2015 if you have any advice or opening help is greatly appreciated

#5 ·
godscountry hit it, you just need to find the right people. The property I hunt was that way, they loved the deer when they moved in. 10 years later.....3 cars damaged, 2 family members with lyme, dogs barking constantly, and of course the landscaping costs....all the sudden they want them all dead. The properties are out there, but they are tiny patches, mine is just 12 acres, but if I really want, I don't have to leave the back porch most of the time.

#6 ·
I understand Dave, I moved out here about three years ago and got into archery last year and spent all last summer introducing myself to landowners for permission to hunt their property. I am a pretty nice guy, clean cut and all but i still went 0 for 28 on properties. I recommend contacting large farms in the more rural part of the county. Wont have it to your self but some may let you on. Thats what I am trying, but no luck yet.

#7 ·
Just takes some time, you will bump into the right person at some point. I never hunted the area I deer hunt now ever, or knew there was that many deer there, as I live in the Western part of the county. Just one day I got to know a lady who worked in a store I delivered to in King of prussia(I was a UPS driver) One day she said, "hey your an outdoors guy, how do I get rid of deer?" I of course said easy, tell me where your house is, and i'll come shoot them. Without hesitation she gave me her address, and told me she had at least 30 in her yard every day. I told her I would come check it out for safety, etc., think it was just some woman who didn't know about deer. Well, driving down here driveway, I saw 15 deer before I even got to the house, then another 20 were bedded under some pines at the edge of her woods. Luckily she had 12 acres, with plenty of room around to hunt, even with a gun. I been there ever since, now really good friends with her husband. It can happen at anytime, you just never know. Plenty of people ask to hunt this guys property, and if you don't know him personally, it's a no. Just have to get the right relationship at the right time. Good luck

#8 ·
My buddy got me 1 property in Chester county cause he works as a pharmacist. Guy came in with Lyme cursing the deer and the rest is history. He liked how we were very low key, and bow only and hooked us up also with his neighbors.

#10 ·
i have 225 acres of prime whitetail hunting ground with a 5 bed farmhouse estate in chester co pa. It consists of aprox. 40% farm crops, food plots,and large wooded areas surrounding our property although i am not interested in leasing the property just for hunting . i do rent the farmhouse to out of the area hunters throughout our special reg. extended season.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.