The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Marsh creek st. Park

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  birddog61 
#1 ·
Got a bud who bought a house close by, we tried fishing from the shore about 9 times so far with little success. I hear this is a great musky lake. Anyone from here do any good at marsh creek?

#3 ·
Marsh Creek has recieved supplamental stockings of larger fish due to the efforts of a musky club in the area. They shifted focus to Nockamixion about 3yrs ago so right now I think the Nock is the "hot" lake as those fish are approaching legal size. However I would still consider Marsh Creek as a prime spot.

Google musky club SE PA and you can join up or take classes to shorten the learning curve.

#6 ·
I have seen people pull them out while fishing there, but not that often. I think i have seen two caught, one in the summer and one from a guy who was ice fishing. Marsh Creek to me is all about the pan fish and some decent bass.

#7 ·
there are skys there but just like anywhere else skys are never easy & more difficult from shoere as you are hoping one will come your way VS hunting for where thay are covering as much shore line as possible will help increase your odds in addition as the summer peak temps approach thay tend to move to deeper / cooler water so your odds will be better in spring through to end june give or take

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.