The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Pop-Up Blinds

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  DCabets28 
#1 ·
I am looking for a pop-up blind that my 11 year old son and I can fit in. I do not want one of those mansion-types......Just one we can comfortably fit 2 chairs and have some room to breathe.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
DCabets28

See less See more
#2 ·
In my opinion, the ameristep doghouse blind is one of the best out there. I have several of these and have used them for years. They are just about the perfect size for two people but 100% portable enough to pack in and out of your spot, i have also put them up, brushed them in a little and left them in the whole season.

They are perfect for turkey Hunting also, plenty of windows, they are the kind wih he metal spring bands in them they can be set up in about a miniute and taken down just as quickly. I think i gave around 80 bucks for mine but they can be found under other names for a little less money sometimes.

Some very good advice should you get one is for you to "practice" putting it up and takeing it down in your back yard untill you get the hang of it. Trust me, you dont want to have to drag it through the woods only half folded up because you couldnt remember how it all works! Been there done that! But once folded up they fit into a small back pack (comes with them) and are very mobile.

#4 ·
Thanks CH...........I looked at the Ameristep Doghouse and Brickhouse today(boxed). I think I may take your advuce being the Doghouse is lighter. Dick's had them for $69 and the Brickhouse was $99. The footprint is an inch bigger with the DH although it is listed as a 2 man blind and the BH is a 3 man????
Thanks for the info.........I will do some dry runs with it before taking it to the swamp.
Dave

#5 ·
Concerned hunter said:
In my opinion, the ameristep doghouse blind is one of the best out there. I have several of these and have used them for years. They are just about the perfect size for two people but 100% portable enough to pack in and out of your spot, i have also put them up, brushed them in a little and left them in the whole season.

They are perfect for turkey Hunting also, plenty of windows, they are the kind wih he metal spring bands in them they can be set up in about a miniute and taken down just as quickly. I think i gave around 80 bucks for mine but they can be found under other names for a little less money sometimes.

Some very good advice should you get one is for you to "practice" putting it up and takeing it down in your back yard untill you get the hang of it. Trust me, you dont want to have to drag it through the woods only half folded up because you couldnt remember how it all works! Been there done that! But once folded up they fit into a small back pack (comes with them) and are very mobile.
X2

#6 ·
I have a doghouse blind put it out for a few weeks and it faded so bad it just looks out of place. I also have another ameristep blind that is made with better material and it still looks good. Not sure if they still make the doghouse out of the same material but I would spend alittle more and get one that is made a little better if you are gonna leave it out

#8 ·
big cat said:
I have a doghouse blind put it out for a few weeks and it faded so bad it just looks out of place. I also have another ameristep blind that is made with better material and it still looks good. Not sure if they still make the doghouse out of the same material but I would spend alittle more and get one that is made a little better if you are gonna leave it out
I am not sure if your older one is the one with the better materials, but I do know they use to be made in the USA and then they switched to having them made out of the USA. It may be the difference but not sure.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.