The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Closed today...not a camp but 18.8ac and garage

6K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  treys dad 
#1 ·
Well with a desperate need for a garage for my son's truck hobby, and some nice looking, good hunting acreage, and motivated seller the deal was just to good to pass up...looked at it memorial day weekend CLOSED today.

I look forward to doing some woods work there while my boy finishes and works in his garage. Only a mile and a half out of town and his school so I am guessing he will be there daily. Lots of woods trails to clearup.

There was a mobile home there we would not minded having but it complicated the deal and we did not really need it so he sold it seperately and it was moved off right before the fourth. All utility hook-ups remain.

Here are some of the pics we took...the woods, the building lot/yard and of course the driving force of it all the unfinished garage, and 12x25 room upstairs...Noon today done deal

Time to roll-up the sleeves a bit to get the garage sealed up for use and the cooler months...we got ideas all over the place for it but between the house , the camp on the hill, +Potter camp we hope to see before summer's end and now this place time will be the limiter. Nice that it is between here and the hill and 2 miles out of town. 10 minutes from the house.

Lots of mature apple trees and tons of oaks! Not a bad deal for less than any truck on your local dealer's lot

See less See more
#17 ·
RB-HPA said:
OnNiI bet it does jason
My has been up there weedwhacking the trails since 9am....never seen him work this hard. Heading up tonight to check on day 1 progress
I was up on Monday after work to pull stands. Saw it was mowed and weed whacked. I kept my truck out of the ditch too!

#20 ·
JasonN said:
RB-HPA said:
OnNiI bet it does jason
My has been up there weedwhacking the trails since 9am....never seen him work this hard. Heading up tonight to check on day 1 progress
I was up on Monday after work to pull stands. Saw it was mowed and weed whacked. I kept my truck out of the ditch too!
Appreciate that...there is a drainage issue there we need to address. Thanks again for the tip on the place Jason

#21 ·
btbowhunter56 said:
Looks like a great find! More important, it's obvious you have some very great kids who also seem to know just how lucky they are.
The cool thing about my kids is they GET IT. I am blessed more than I put into this.

#23 ·
RB-HPA said:
btbowhunter56 said:
Looks like a great find! More important, it's obvious you have some very great kids who also seem to know just how lucky they are.
The cool thing about my kids is they GET IT. I am blessed more than I put into this.
Congrats RB. Its nice to add to the holdings. Any chance the other properties have ajoining land that may be available?
Our property in NE Bradford co. was sold to us by a guy who was buying land for the gas rights. We bought 38 acres 4 years ago,a slice of heaven for my buddy and me. His 13 year old shot his 1st deer on the property the last day this past winter. The ajoining property of 100 acres was also for sale but out of the budget. My buddy kept calling the seller and offered to buy a portion of the 100 acres. He did not want to subdivide. Well pad ended up on the top of the hill in a field and gas line went down the other side away from our place. Once the gas was flowing then the seller subdivided it into 3 parcels, 50 acres with the well pad,mostly fields and small timbered lot that is impossible to walk thru from the timbering and tops and growth. 35 acres that abuts our land to the south and east with 1/2 fields and 1/2 pine woods with some maple pole timber,old fields overgrown with autumn olive. 15 acres near the road that is all autumn olive. Once he subdivided there were a bunch of lookers for almost 2 years but no buyers. A month ago seller decided to auction the properties. My buddy tried to make another deal but no go. We decided to go to the auction and bid on the 35 acres that abuts our place. An hour before the auction the seller shows up at our camp wanting to make a deal, showed his hand saying that none of the other 6 or so properties that he had up for auction around Bradford and Tioga sold. Long story short, my buddy got the property way less than the original selling price and less than his max for the auction. 2 years of calling, haggling and waiting paid off. The only bad thing about it is he used the money he was saving to build our cabin. Guess we will have to tough it out in the camper for the next 10 years

The best part of it was the seller agreed to let us hunt the 50 acres if we post it,great hunting area. It will probably never get sold as it has a 5 acre well pad and only 1 of 5 wells drilled so far. The well pad is in the prime spot for a cabin as it overlooks the valleys on both sides of the hill.
Wish you all the best with the new place RB

#24 ·
Just updating, A new era starts Monday I guess, as you can read here we bought this property in July for the garage and location mainly, but it did not hurt that it had 18.8 acres with it that had great apple trees, oaks and nice timbered area and terrain.

John was so busy working on his truck there he never did much hunting up there in archery, but we got two stands up and now he will be hunting his "own" property while the rest of us hunt "the hill" a few miles away. Time to spread the troops a little I guess.

With the dusting of snow we went up today and I took a short hike while he sat in his stand, 6 deer came by including a small sub-legal buck which stood right under his stand. 1B is a 3 up WMU so any buck he gets should be decent. The previous owner gave us some great tips on where to set-up stands etc...and it seems to be dead-on accurate.

I hope he has a great hunt there, although at 17 he hunts alone when we go together, he never really did a solos hunt at his own spot on his own. He got a 1B doe tag as did my wife since this place is only 2 miles from town/school so they can go there during the week after school during the season. Prospects look good for some action.

Anyway funny how things change, seems like just yesterday I was trying to keep him warm in stand so he could stay out an hour longer. Lucky for me I got Joey with me now to keep me busy..

GOOD LUCK johnny (buckBlood84), I am so proud of you kid , but going to miss you being under my wing, I best charge up my cell.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.