Birdog glad to know you are in the woods. I dropped you a couple emails!
Knife swap 2019.
Bird and Trout Rules:
1. Open to all skill levels anyone can and should try and make a knife.
2. Bird and Trout knife traditionally this is a smaller knife 1/8" or less thick, 8 inch overall length or less. Blade length 4 inches or less.
3. Materials Up to you can be stock removal or forged. Hidden tang or fixed. Damascus, tool steel whatever, same on the handles
4. SHEATH. I think we should up our game here. Each knife should have some kind of sheath doesn't have to be leather can be wood metal or what ever you choose. Lets stretch some here and use our imaginations!
5. Must be 18 years old to swap. Each participant agrees to ship a knife to their randomly chosen participant and in return they will get a knife from another participant. Obviously all laws will be followed and no liability claims etc etc....
6. Time line Knife swap closes August 31 2019. Shipping the week following that. All participants agree to post photos of completed works.
Ok guys what do we think about these rules additions or subtractions? How can we attract more folks to this would be nice to have some more.
I told a friend of mine who is a local blacksmith also about this. He sounded interested. I told him to sign up to the forum and check it out. He makes some really nice pieces using alot of older techniques.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.