What's everybody working on? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

What's everybody working on?

Been very hot and muggy in the shop hard to get anything done. Finished my foot operated vise. Made some extra parts for the local blacksmith org. Went to hammer in last week end. picked up nice mid sized cone. Time for us to do another group project?? Thanks be safe

camp in A.N.F.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: What's everybody working on?

I'm working on a project for one of the conservation groups. Dang hot to be making Damascus , but as they say, ne rest for the wicked... :-)
Come back last weekend from the National Trappers Convention in Kalamazoo Michigan. great show, great people and good sales. All in all, wonderful time!
Where was the hammer-in Blacksmith?

A gun will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no gun.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Burton Historic Village. Burton Ohio. It is the home of the WRABA Western Reserve Artistic Blacksmith Assc. Nice group of people willing to pass on their knowledge. Quite a diverse group of people very interesting. They have hammer ins at different locations ( peoples home shops) very informative. Thanks

camp in A.N.F.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I'm not familiar with those folks. There was a hammer-in at a facility in Columbus the weekend before. Put on by Adlai Stein at an incubator project Downtown.
Lotta good things going on in the area in regards to blacksmithing and knifemaking. Just have to keep yer ears open and nose to the ground. Pretty low profile.

A gun will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no gun.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 09:21 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Do you attend the annual WRC Knife Collectors show> This year was in Dalton. Next year , think in Wooster.

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 01:35 AM
Part of the Community

Well lets see, just finished up working at the summer camp i work at. Teaching kids woodworking and leather work. Haven't had much knife shop time, but hopefully soon I will get out there and make something.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Yes I go to that show. Also one in Cambridge Ohio it is in the fall usually very good. American Bladesmithing just had a symnosius in Troy Ohio. Or in very near future and a very good show and demo. with big time makers. Only problem is to much to absorb in one weekend. But well worth the effort and time, don't get any better. Have gone to the Warther show for many years very nice show. That being said you pass fairly close by on your travels. Thanks

camp in A.N.F.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Ross, What type of camp, Church, summer camp, Boy Scout? Also thanks for your time you spend with young people. Good Luck

camp in A.N.F.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 01:12 AM
Part of the Community

Its a private summer camp. Science camp is the primary focus but with plenty of camp like activities, ie water front, canoe kayak, etc mini bikes, rifle range, archery then combined with physics, chemistry, video, photography, nature, human bio, computer, robotics, arts and crafts etc etc. Its a neat place this was my third summer. I kinda fell into it when i had time and was asked to do the leather shop and wood shop. Its been a lot of fun and enjoyable. I also am active in cub scouts with my two sons in our pack and spend time working with our whole pack. Appreciate the Thank you. I was in boy scouts and cubs as a kid and know how important those leaders were to me as a kid. Now its my turn to give back,
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 08:39 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Youth are our future! good job Ross!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page