Quad rails/handguards - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Quad rails/handguards

I built my first AR about 8yrs ago and want to revamp it. Id like to put a keymod or mlock handguard on but the prices are rediculous now. $125-$300!!!!! for somthing a machine spits out. Has anyone used ones from ebay? There are a few that look identical to the big name ones and Im wondering how the fit and finish is. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Quad rails/handguards

You get what you pay for. Junk parts equal a junk a junk rifle. Some no name part sourced from some third world crap hole will not be even close to one made by MI,Troy,BCM,DD,ARMS, ect. Buy once cry once. Also, prices have never been better.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Frequent Contributor

Those ones sold on ebay will be for airsoft. If you aren't serious about your rifle, I'd say go for it, but if it's for a serious firearm, I'd pony up like the rest of us and get something good.

I bought a Guntec one from an ARF vendor...it was an M Lok and I'll say it was inexpensive, but it doesn't fit nearly as well as the MI, YHM, Seekins, etc etc that I've owned in the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

That's what I figured but was hoping better. There's an MI one I like so I guess I'll go with it. I'm not redoing the entire gun so it shouldn't sting to bad. Thanks!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 04:53 PM

i put a UTG PRO free float 15" handrail on my DPMS and it looks and works great.

just over 100 bucks

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 05:01 AM

Saw a guy bragging about all these gadgets he bought on eBay and put on his rifle...

He made some great quotes... basically telling me I was an idiot for owning a BCM and Aimpoint etc..how he could buy 4 or 5 of his rifles with more gadgets than mine for what I have i to mine...

I asked how it shoots...he didn't shoot it yet...

Next time I saw him his gun was back to factory...

I asked what happened to his gadgets...light.. vertical grip...knock off optic..forget what all he had on there...

He didn't remember the previous conversation....i guess anyways...

He told me it basically fell apart at the range lol...

Quality guns and accessories aren't cheap...i know it..

It's hard to explain to someone without the knowledge and experience why something is so much more expensive than something that looks identical...

Acquaintances and even friends know I like guns and used to own one or 2...( ). They always ask me for advice...

What do you think of such n such gun? I don't know anything about them...well I thought you were a gun guy...well..I'm no expert but I held a gun once or twice before...well..why don't you have one of them? They are cheap? The reviews online can't be true..

They buy one...against my friendly advice and a list of companies I trust..they get it...and again...must have forgotten our prior conversation..they ask me if I wanna buy it or know anyone looking for one...lol

Everyone has their thing...their own budget constraints..their own uses..etc etc...does a guy that goes to the range to plink once or twice a year need a $2000 or $3000 AR?? Absolutely not..does a guy that carries his on duty every day and lives might absolutely rely on his rifle need a high quality AR? Absolutely.

Everyone has personal preferences and such too...i absolutely cannot stand quad rails..i can't stand vertical grips..i can't stand things sticking out from my rifle..i can't stand a 20# trigger with 4 inches of travel..i can't stand stuff that doesn't function...it took me a while to put the rifle together..i did it so it didn't sting nearly as bad..one order was the upper....another was the optic...another was the sling and such...another was the lower...it didn't sting nearly as bad that way..

Price doesn't necessarily mean quality either though...but usually it does...

The market for AR stuff is endless...just continue to do your research prior to buying...

And like I said..use plays a role..if you don't use stuff to certain extents then higher end stuff might not be necessary..

A good example off the top of my head would be high end quick release optic mounts such as LaRue..does a shooter that shoots casually for fun once in a while really need such a mount? Probably not...does the patrolman that carries his rifle on duty need such a mount? I'd say so...but that's my opinion...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page