Trijicon MRO - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Trijicon MRO

Anyone have an MRO yet???

Highly considering one for the BCM...

I love my Aimpoint PRO...for nearly the same price I can get the MRO...I'd love a Micro but your at like $700 with a good mount..tough to swallow for a little smaller size and less weight...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 12:24 AM
The Man

Re: Trijicon MRO

Must it be an Aimpoint? I've owned the Pro when it first came out, then upgraded to the Micro. Since then I've sold both Aimpoints and went with a bunch of bulk ammo and multiple Primary Arms Micro's. To me I can't tell much of a difference, with my astigmatism neither reticle looks perfect (a little star burst), my wife tells me both are solid dots to her. Sure the Aimpoint has better battery life, but @ 50,000 hours + I can leave my PA micros on all the time as well. Are they as rugged? I'll never be able to answer that question since my rifles don't see much abuse.

Will I own an Aimpoint again in the future, mayben... but I'm more then happy with my setups today. I have the micro on a CZ Scorpion, and two Palmetto AR15's.

Don't Tread On Me is what it says and I'll take that to my grave.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

I already have the PRO and will keep it..I could actually make money if I sold it..but I will put it on the turkey gun....

It doesn't have to be an Aimpoint or Trijicon...but battery life and reliability are big factors...

Might wait a year to make sure all the bugs are out of the MRO. So far I haven't read anything bad...but you know how that goes with electronics...always a bug to tweak...

Just looking to shave down weight/size...my 14.5" ELWF BCM upper just screams for a smaller optic...but...maybe not...really its a couple ounces...size wise I think the footprint of the MRO would be a lot nicer...

Really the only reason to switch...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 02:07 PM
The Man

I switched from the Pro to the Micro for the same reason, footprint. After using it for over a year I took a hard look at my setup and determined the Aimpoint was overkill for my application. The Primary Arms Micro hasn't let me down yet, but I'm not an operator, I don't run 3 gun, and I don't attend CQB training. The money I've saved has allowed me to purchase a couple Micros to run on all my rifles with the same QD mount. It also left money in the bank for a boat load of ammo, which results in me practicing a lot more.

Don't Tread On Me is what it says and I'll take that to my grave.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Can't argue with that!!!

I do need the battery life and reliability/ruggedness..Who knows...there are likely other optics that would work well...but Aimpoint owns the market as far as I'm concerned....and if the Trijicon MRO lives upto everything I've read this far....well...seems to be an improved version of the Micro and a bit cheaper....we'll see....I'm looking at my rifle now...the PRO just seems big...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page