GSSF - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
The Man

GSSF

I got my first Glock this year, and I'm thinking about trying out GSSF. Anybody here ever shot a GSSF match, or plan on going to the one in Topton next month?

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: GSSF

I stopped shooting action pistol in the mid 90's. I was on the BOD at Topton and ran steel challenge and .22 matches. Topton always puts on a nice pistol match whether it's Steel Challenge, Second Chance Pins, IPSC or their annual GSSF match. GO!! Take plenty of ammo and mags and have a good time!! You'll be glad you played in their sandbox.

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Thanks for the advice!

Now, here's the million dollar question...Is there anything nearby my wife might enjoy doing. We have a wedding that Saturday in Milesburg, and my amazing, pregnant wife has agreed to get up early with me on Sunday and drive to Topton so I can shoot in my first ever competitive match. Seriously, how lucky am I? But she is NOT a shooting enthusiast like me, and I just know she'd be bored to tears and possibly get a headache from all the shooting if she hangs around the whole time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

There's a glassworks place in Topton that makes handcrafted glasses, pitchers, etc. Not sure if they are open on Sunday though. More options for Saturdays as many farmers markets, etc are nearby, but they close on Sunday.

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 08:54 PM

The GSSF scoring has pretty stiff penalties for misses. Therefore; it's pretty important to take your time and keep shot in the down zero zone, rather than speed shooting the stages.

A local club, that I shoot IDPA matches at, is hosting a GSSF match in September. Unfortunately, that particular weekend is booked up for me. Otherwise my Gen4 34 would be getting a workout that weekend.

WMU 3A
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
The Man

I just had some range time with my Gen 3 22, and did appallingly bad. It was all over the place. I was spot on with my PA-63, don't know what the deal was with my Glock. Not expecting to do well at all on Sunday, but I do think it will be fun anyway.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 05:30 PM

Have you tried different bullets in it (assuming it has been cleaned recently)? Most handguns like some bullets better than others, but Glocks seem to be more tempermental in that regard.

WMU 3A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page