Finally finished the gun. Needless to say, it was not ready for the hunt I wanted to take it on. Started out with a standard upper with an A2 front sight. I wanted to put a free float rail on and decided to remove and shave the sight down to fit under the tube. I would rather have a pinned gas block instead of using one with set screws. Removed the delta ring, c clip and spring and installed a Samson Evolution 15" rail. Here is the outcome.
Here is a 6.8 round between a 223 and 300 blackout
I ordered the mount from ebay. It is a close copy of the Burris PEPR mount. I was a little skeptical at first being that it was only $20 when I ordered the first one for my 300 Blackout but they have worked well so far. I finally got out shooting on Friday. I'm happy with the results so far. I had handloads with 100gr accubonds (only loaded 5 to test) and S&B factory ammo. Here are two three shot groups at 100yds. The group on the left was with the S&B and the upper group with the accubonds. I used the last two accbond rounds to shoot at the 300 yard steel target.