Long range Deer - Page 8 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 10:51 PM
Frequent Contributor

It's been awhile. Work has been crazy and keeping me really busy. I believe it's going to be a little more normal over the winter but then back into crazy in the spring. Its put a big damper on shooting. I did manage to hit a couple of my favorite matches.

The 260 AI is pretty impressive, I chambered one for a friend last winter, he's been pretty successful with it in competitions this summer.
bohunr and outofstater like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:27 PM
The Man

What are you guys using for a ballistic calculator? I used the NF for years but my old lap top it was on crashed. I put a thing on long range forum and some say ballistic app you down load on phone. I just did but im terrible with electronics. I only got a I phone this year to take credit cards for my business. I hate to start trying to figure this out. LOl
bohunr likes this.
post #73 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 01:26 AM
Frequent Contributor

I use several different ones but my primary one is Ballistic AE for the iPhone. It does everything I need and I can also measure group sizes with it.
bohunr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

I use jbm ballistics program. Free online I just print out papers for every 5 yards and 10 degrees it's a lot of paperwork but I'm old School and like it that way.
bohunr and Gunnermhr like this.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #75 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 11:30 AM

dragman, any chance you would know the spec on the table? length, width, and thickness. i think a set of folding table legs would work on a bench like that. i like to hunt groundhogs but not into the long range like you. i use a remington varmit special in 243 model 700. its not a carry around rifle and a bench like that would be perfect. do you ever make it to meetings at the club?
post #76 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

I can get you measurements.
If you want to buy one the ones protektor sales is actually really nice.
No meeting for me anymore I can't stand the bickering honestly

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #77 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 03:54 PM

i can understand not liking the bickering. i go just to get out of the house for a couple hours. maybe with a change of officers it might stop. ive belonged to that club since i was 13 and its close to home. what does protektor charge for one of his benches? i was thinking of building one to keep myself busy since im retired.
post #78 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa. Slim View Post
i can understand not liking the bickering. i go just to get out of the house for a couple hours. maybe with a change of officers it might stop. ive belonged to that club since i was 13 and its close to home. what does protektor charge for one of his benches? i was thinking of building one to keep myself busy since im retired.
I think like $120
I have a used one let me see if I can find it. Would cost you less than half

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page