Maverick 41 .338 Lapua - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Maverick 41 .338 Lapua

Anyone have the chance to shoot a Maverick 41 chambered in 338 Lapua? It sure is a sweet rifle. I do believe I found my xmas present from the wife. Surely don't wanna retire old faithful yet but I'm lovestruck. Excellent feel. Smooth action. Drives tacks @ 2500 m. Can't wait to try longer. Brother just had to rub it in that he got one before me. Wasn't looking for a new baby to tweak but can't resist. We'll see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

That is a nice package that comes with cool gear. I'm still partial to my desert tech srs. Shorter and with just a torque wrench, I can swap barrels that keep their zero. For as much as I shoot 338 Lapua, it doesn't make sense to have a whole rig dedicated to it. I have one scope and 3 different long range rigs on one chassis andit still cheaper than this rifle. 260, 6.5 saum, and 338 Lapua. My custom barrels shoot as good as just about anything I have ever seen. The factory 260 does pretty darn well too. Check out the DTA if you are looking. I couldn't be happier with mine. If you go this route, I have a guy who does great barrels at a better price than the ones advertised.

The maverick is a cool limited edition though...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Sure like the ability to swap barrels on demand. Great feature. I did briefly look @ one a buddy had. He likes it also. Their whole product line looks impressive. I'm wondering about the 7mm. I could load a wider range of bullet/velocity combinations possibly. What optics are you using? How much zero variation do you have with the different barrels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I put an athlon cronus on it last fall. Before I had an extra vortex hst on it until I decided what I wanted. The vortex was in moa. If I remember right, 260 was my zero. 6.5 was 2 moa left and 2 down. 338 was 2 moa left and 2 up. Always repeatable. Swap barrel and bolt, dial offset, bullet goes where it should. Swapped out barrels at home last weekend before picking up my buddy. First round out of the rifle was within an inch at 300 yards. All three barrels have been the easiest load development I have ever done.

I almost went with a 7 lrm or 7-300 win mag barrel for deer and I still might. Lots of options with the DTA barrels.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Repeatability every time is the cats meow.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yep. It is impressive how it returns to zero. If I didn't put together a 223ai right before SAC came out with the 223 conversions, I would have one for sure. Varmints to long range with one platform.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page