Long range goal for the year??? - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

I still think you need to sale me that gun! lol If I get up to my buddies place in Home, PA I want to hang my plate at 2000. would be perfect.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 07:59 AM
Frequent Contributor

LOL, I believe I'll hang onto this one.

Did you see the paint job Jesse at Custom Rifle Stocks layed down on my 12lb Ridgway gun? Wow, it turned out Awesome! It seems to shoot pretty awesome too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12lb Dasher (43).jpg (1.38 MB, 18 views)
4x4dad and dragman like this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Now that is a good looking animal!
Gunnermhr likes this.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

shot my buck at a super long 220 yards this year lol guess the 338 lapua was a pinch overkill for this one.
bohunr likes this.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 11:29 PM

Well . . . . I'm one step closer to getting beyond my 400 yd. personal limit . I made the mistake of going to Cabela's today to pick up a $15.00 ice fishing tool and ended up in the shooting department . I found a Kestrel 5700 with LINK to link up with my new Bushnell CONX . It's not the Elite model , but it should get me out to 6-800 yds . I hope . Now I just have to find a suitable scope with a proper reticle . I'm leaning towards a Vortex Viper , but of course am open to suggestions . I want to keep a $1000.00 limit for optics if at all possible . I can't justify more than that since it will only be used for paper and unfortunate groundhogs .

I have the CONX & Kestrel instructions , but if anyone is knowledgeable with this setup and LINKING them up , I'm all ears . The Kestrel instructions seem to be for users that already know the functions of all of the buttons .

Last edited by 4x4dad; 12-09-2018 at 08:38 AM.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 07:54 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnermhr View Post
I converted my old Heavy Bench rest gun into 338 Edge long range hunting rig. A friend of mine knows a few guys that have steel set up at a mile, I'd like to try that once I get the load perfected.
how is this Quest coming along? i believe i shot with you at Mifflin GH match in the past?
AKA rem06

we are in the process of setting up steel to a mile too, not easy to do

my goal is antelope over 1000yds, we are putting in for points now. i beat 777yds, my buddy beat my 855yds with 917yds! so game is still on...

A "clip" is a clip, aka Def: a device, typically flexible or worked by a spring, for holding an object or objects together or in place.
a "Magazine" is a magazine aka Def: a chamber for holding a supply of cartridges to be fed automatically to the breech of a gun.

so a "clip" holds the "magazine" in place. get it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page