New lightweight hammer... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
The Man

New lightweight hammer...

Just came in today...I wanted to have something that I could carry over long distances and still be effective at long ranges. So I call GA Precision, talked it over with then, and 8 months later it finally made it home. Weighs just under 7.5 pounds as pictured, .300 WSM, on a Templar action, in a manners carbon fiber stock. Can't wait to get it out and start load development!

Mac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 10:39 AM

Re: New lightweight hammer...

Congrats on taking a step up and a bound forward !! Hopefully you've got enough left to put a great glass on it, a night force would really top it off as a long range banger, they really make some awesome 5x20 types but they are expensive but worth their weight in gold. 300 wsm should produce some super tight groups, I'd expect a .50-.75 group size all day long. Good luck and keep us informed on how well it shoots, if your going to handload and have no experience with the .300 short mags the one powder that seems to always perform well is H-4350, pick a great premium bullet also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page