Shooting USA and Ridgway - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Shooting USA and Ridgway

January 28 on Shooting USA they are going to air a segment on the range at Ridgway. I'm not sure what all it's going to cover, the film crew was there for 2 days. They interviewed and did a lot of filming the 2nd day which was during one of the 1000 Yard Benchrest Silhouette matches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Shooting USA and Ridgway

Good to know!! I like the show and always wish they would focus more on this style of shooting instead of IDPA 3 gun etc so much. Nothin sgainst those styles of competition just not my cup of tea
will make sure and catch it
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 10:12 PM
The Man

Let me know when you get more details. Think you mentioned this to meh some time ago. Would like to watch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

I got an email from one of the match promoters saying it supposed to air this Wednesday, the preview says its about the shot show, I guess we'll see. The film crew was there both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was a lever action match and Sunday was the 1000 yard match.

I'm not sure what they'll show for Saturday, Sunday they did a ton of video and interviews, hopefully they focus more on the 1000 yard than they do on the cowboy stuff. I like lever action shooting but the more they can promote 1000 yard shooting the better.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 11:01 PM
Part of the Community

Just checked out shooting usa web sight it appears that the long range silhouette is going to get air time.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 04:50 AM

I watched the program and it was short but interesting. Shooting at a 1000 yard steel coyote!!!!!! Lots of people shooting! It must take along time to get the match done?
It looks like alot of fun but,as with most every thing,it takes quite a bit of money for the stuff to do it! That leaves me out?
You folks that shoot long range should go over and try it!!

WILLY P
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 03:38 PM

It isn't cheap but honestly You could get completely set up for under $1500 IMHO.
If you wait around you can usually find a used Savage Fclass with the dies and brass for around $800-1000 and a straight 36X weaver will do the job just fine and they are usually around $275 used.
worth every penny

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 07:24 PM
The Man

I hope to give it a try now that I'm retired...looks like a lot of fun and Ridgway's only an hour from me now...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Like dragman said, you can get into to sport a lot cheaper than mentioned on the show. That gray 300 has some of the nicer components available. It's a Dual port BAT model M action, Bat trigger guard, Jewell 1.5 oz trigger, vais muzzle break, Kelby scope rings, McMillen MBR stock, with a 20moa base made by a friend of mine.

A savage f-class is an excellent choice and is more than capable of winning, I've also seen some pretty good deals on used benchrest rifles, if you're interested keep your eyes open, dragman has them listed occasionally and anything he sells used top notch. The only thing with used BR guns is be prepared to buy a new barrel.

My 300's last between 1400 and 1600 rounds and my 6BR's see closer to 1800, at that round count competitive accuracy starts to fade, still plenty accurate just not winning too many matches

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page