284 win help - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

284 win help

I just picked up a savage 308 for a build. I am looking at a straight 284 win using necked up 6.5 brass and a 26" barrel with a max cartridge oal at 3.000" for repeater use( should fit mag). I have 2 bullets in mind both 168gr either berger hunting vld or nosler accubond lr. My goal is 2900 fps at muzzle. Does anyone here know if this is a reality or dream using these guidelines? Really appreciate the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 05:11 PM
The Man

Re: 284 win help

My first custom rifle was a 284 Win. I bought a Hart ss barrel from a guy that was cmambered in a 7-08 I wanted more vel. so I went with the 284. I shot the smaller 115 and 120's out of it and pulled the barrel year later and still have barrel. This was in mid 80's and bullets have came along way since than. You can buy straight 284 brass ready to go Winchester is hard to find at this time. If your going witht he 284 and that size bullets you will need to put it on a long action.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page