Ridgway VBR - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Ridgway VBR

SO WHO IS READY FOR RIDGWAY???
I am on my last phase of load development if all goes well I will be ready, if it doesn't well I will have to throw rocks I guess.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ridgway VBR

I should be there, as long as I get back in time from my fishing trip.

I still have to tweak the load for the new 300 WSM barrel . Its close just needs a bit of fine tuning
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

I really wanted another 300WSM for the first shoot, but ended up with a .284 if it shoots I will be happy. you know me I have been known to sell a gun during the shoot! lol

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 07:25 AM

Good Luck men! An amazing format to shoot to say the least...it's a long way out there 850-1000 and the targets are not very big and that skinny little hog at 900 seems to be the hardest for most competitors but it's fun and a challenge for anyone except GUNNERHMR, he's as advertised and my cash is on him..enjoy yourselves. I'm also betting that dragman will be the only one on the line with a custom cut chamber that will be .284 diameter...check out the sheets and let me know Mike !!!! GOBBLE GOBBLE in Kentucky!!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 11:05 AM
New Arrival

when is this shoot in ridgway ?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Frequent Contributor

With some luck I hope to have as good of year this year as I did last year! I don't know for sure, Dragman had High score of the year there last year, there is some stiff competition. Sounds like we'll be back in time to make the first match.

Frank, good luck in Kentucky, I hope to get my daughter her first Gobbler that same weekend.

Farmer, first match is May 4th, it's a whole lot of fun
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

It's gonna be a good ole time, I just really hope they find a way to speed the match up! Looks like they have almost 6 full relays sold out with pre register!

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 10:05 AM

That match has really grown in popularity...the format is a lot of fun but drag is right, their going to have to find a way to speed the relays up..they need to consult with the shooters and especially those that have run other shooting matches and come up with some great ideas..hopefully those that run the match are not hardheads and are open to constructive criticism and not go back into a shell. Also they need to get someone to list the results of each match, last year they had only one listing on their own website, I understand it had to do with a medical issue but that doesn't cut it when the match gets this big, find someone who's interested in doing reporting even if it's one of the shooters and get the job done right...nice to see this form of match growing in the shooting world..hopefully they will embrace change when needed.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

3 weeks til shoot time. I should probably get to the range!

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Part of the Community

Think i'll drive up to check it out shot 1000 yard, shot silhouette sounds like a good time. Just like watch a match or two before diving in hate trying to figure out rules and regs. while trying to shoot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page