Hoarding - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Hoarding

I read and hear guys complaining about hoarders all over the place, to some degree I take offence to that. What constitutes a Hoarder? Personally I don't care if a guy has 100lbs of powder, 25,000 primers and 100,000 bullets, it's his money.

What are your thoughts, The average hunter that shoots 10 shots per year and has 200 bullets could be considered a hoarder, I shoot a lot, say if I have a years supply of reloading, that's more than a lot of guys would use in a lifetime, does that make me a hoarder, what if it was 2 years supply, I know that is more than the average guy shoot in a lifetime.

Lets hear it, with the current state of our wonderful government I'd like to have 6 years worth of reloading supplies stocked up, laugh if you will, but after Obama is done raining down terror don't be surprised if this crazy country puts someone in as bad as what we have now or even worse. When I have a few extra bucks and see reloading supplies I buy what I can afford, you can hate me for it or call me someone that's looking ahead into the future. We all know how hard it is to get supplies, I haven't seen Federal Match Rifle Primers in over 2 years, thank god I had some hoarded!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 01:48 AM
The Man

Re: Hoarding

Not much to add to that.

demokraten saugen
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 01:52 AM
The Man

Interesting topic, we are in same league as far as shooting goes from reading your posts. I agree my nickel my business. I have always bought brick of primers, 8lb. jugs of powder for certain guns others always had a spare 1 pounder sitting around. Last year was different for me I built an addition on my cabin and took all of my spare time I normally went shooting. It was a good year to take a break due to shortage. I got bit twice after sandy hook and if I get the chance call me a hoarder or not I know what I will do. First thing is I own 3 6mmx284 and 1 25x 284. My friend at local gunshop always had a ton of Winchester 284 brass. I even picked up a bag and shipped to a member on here to help out. I wasent going to have that many bags extra no need since I can go get off of buddy. His sold out and could not replace and im with out, shame on me. Next I inherited my dads 308 bought a set of dies from cabelas but thought I would get brass later, wrong answer. Next I needed a fl. 223 die waited to long for that. I will buy as much as I forecast a year of shooting from now on. I guess im a hoarder if given the chance but its my nickel for my favorite hobby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Part of the Community

I have everything i need, sure better than looking for it!

even 22 LR ammo and i use everything.

A "clip" is a clip, aka Def: a device, typically flexible or worked by a spring, for holding an object or objects together or in place.
a "Magazine" is a magazine aka Def: a chamber for holding a supply of cartridges to be fed automatically to the breech of a gun.

so a "clip" holds the "magazine" in place. get it?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 10:39 AM

I have enough stuff too shoot all my guns until they are burnt out. Nothing worse than having a killer barrel and running out of bullets and having to change.
Either way its your money do as you wish. The only thing that bothers me is the people that buy then rush on line and sell it to make money I think that keeps the prices high.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 03:33 PM

I say if you need it and will probably eventually shoot it, buy it. Just gets under my skin when a store gets a shipment in and I see guys carrying as much as they can buy out the door in calibers they don't even own! Comparable to scalping tickets at sporting events and even though it goes on is illegal!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Part of the Community

That kind of thinking is what drives up and keeps up the prices. I shoot 180 Berger hybrids out of my 284 used to pay 37.99 for then 3 years ago now if I can find them 51.99 was the cheapest I found in the past year of searching.

NRA Life member
Mid-Range match director: Reade Range
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSandBinc
That kind of thinking is what drives up and keeps up the prices. I shoot 180 Berger hybrids out of my 284 used to pay 37.99 for then 3 years ago now if I can find them 51.99 was the cheapest I found in the past year of searching.
then you need to be talking to me cuz I can get them for you!

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSandBinc
then you need to be talking to me cuz I can get them for you!
PM sent lets hear your price and availibilty

NRA Life member
Mid-Range match director: Reade Range
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 05:34 PM

PM replied too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page