Micrometer Dies - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Micrometer Dies

I was wondering what kind of micrometer dies you guys prefer? I am using Forster now, but I'm always curious about trying something new. I am interested in hearing your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Part of the Community

Re: Micrometer Dies

all my dies are Forster FL and Ultra-Micrometer seaters,dont need to try anything else.
on a Forster Press, I dont think when you get to that level weather one is "better" than the other? I send 3 fired cases to Forster and have a set made, pretty hard to beat.?

except handgun are Carbide RCBS for our Family community Dillon.

A "clip" is a clip, aka Def: a device, typically flexible or worked by a spring, for holding an object or objects together or in place.
a "Magazine" is a magazine aka Def: a chamber for holding a supply of cartridges to be fed automatically to the breech of a gun.

so a "clip" holds the "magazine" in place. get it?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I will be sending my 3 fired cases from my 223 wylde to Forsters soon so i have custom dies to make rounds that exactly fit my chamber. Hard to beat dies made just for your exact application! This is just for my F class rifle. Anything else i use RCBS fl dies. They work very well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have used the redding, forster and Wilson dies and I like them all. For my competition guns I use mostly Wilson and for my hunting rifles I use the redding and forster, I use the forster seater more because it costs less than the redding. I just got a whidden FL bushing die and so far I like it, when he makes them for the 7mm rem. mag. I will buy them.
Drags

Dead groundhogs tell no tales!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 08:03 PM
New Arrival

I use Reading full length busing dies for sizing and Wilson seater dies with my reamer ran in to give a perfect fit. I use Sinclair Micrometer top on the Wilson seater. These dies give rally good alignment and with an arbor press you can feel if there is a difference in seating pressure. Matt

7 time world record holder 1000 yard BR
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the responses, I'm going to look at the Wilson dies for this build. thanks, Mike
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 12:53 AM
BHB
Regular Visitor

I have Forster Ultra micrometer seaters & one Redding Comp. seater but prefer the Forsters. Would replace the Redding if Forster made one for the 30br. Have used Wilson but became a pain to use when loading 100 at a time. The Wilson was a good die.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page