The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community - View Single Post - Looking To Get a .22 LR
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 02:43 PM
dce
Sage

Re: Looking To Get a .22 LR

I just sold a cz American and bought a ss/synthetic 77/22.The cz was accurate but it had a crappy trigger,weak spring,the last shell in the clip would jam every time and the safety is actually backwards.I'd get a misfire every 20 shots or so,put the shell in another gun and it would fire.They sell stronger springs and trigger kits for them but I hated the safety.My daughter started to shoot and I didn't want her getting used to pulling back on the safety and then hunting with a rifle that worked exactly the opposite.It was very accurate though,considering the crappy trigger.

I bought the ruger because she can't bang it up and she'll be using a rifle with a 3 position safety.I put a nikon rimfire scope on it with a ballistic reticle and it's even more accurate than the cz,which surprised me.The trigger is a little on the heavy side but there's not much creep to it.It's a relatively easy fix for $20.

I'm not a big fan of the cheaper rimfires because they're usually light and flimsy.I shoot a pile of rimfire year round because it's good practice.I want a .22 that weighs close to my centerfires and balances halfway decent.

I've heard romors that the 77/22's don't shoot well but I have a 77/22 mag,77/17 hornet and this .22lr.They all shoot very well.The only downfall is the trigger but again,that's an easy cheap fix.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome