The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Just got her broke in. Ford F250

29K views 129 replies 42 participants last post by  WildBill 
#1 ·
Hit 300,000 miles yesterday and going strong. She needs a bed and U-joints in the front end but, is still smiling. Gas 5.4 triton. No, Not for sale LOL.

#14 ·
x 358,670

My '03 F150 has 216+K on her. Two little rust spots that will get worked on after Winter, and some electrical gremlins (moisture getting in somewhere) are all the biggest troubles so far.

#18 ·
Update on my gem. 387,000 last evening while hauling some muzzle loader deer for the crew. Changed that u-joint. Lol

I'm going for 500,000. If she makes it there I will consider a camo make over. Lol

#21 ·
Vehicles today are definitely more reliable. When I was a kid in the 60s, the whole neighborhood reeked of starting fluid on a cold winter morning. Fuel injection solved most of that. Today's vehicles can run 100,000 before even changing spark plugs. Valves needed adjusted often back in the day, and it was common to do ring jobs before 100,000 miles. Rust was a much bigger problem, and frame welding was quite common. I recall a dealership having to repair rust on new vehicles before they ever left the lot. You needed to get a new vehicle rust proofed and under coated in the early 70s if you wanted to keep it.

#22 ·
I love hearing these stories, and its great some get that 300k out of a motor
But I am sure that there are 10,000 or more vehicles for every one that MAKES it to 300,000 that doesn't
I would for sure say that 300 k is the rare side of things and far from the norm?/
I have owned a lot of trucks, and I use them as trucks, don't beat em, , do pm's as often as needed or more
and never had one yet make it to 300k, or even HALF that without a major failure, be it trans or motor , and never had a current truck body NOT get rusty, after say 8 yrs
the road salt and salt spray they use here, seems to eat metal, no matter HOW many times you wash rinse,m or wax things
awesome again some of you's make it to 300k
but I am never that lucky, Heck cannot even get to half that
and had about 15 new trucks since the 80's till now, and all went bad not long after a 125k ??
dodge, chevy ford's too>? LOL
drove 50+ k a yr, so most miles wee hi way ?? gas motor's oil changes every 3k, diffs and trans/transfer case changed every 25 k running syn fluid's since they came out!??

#23 ·
Before I retired, I ran Chevy 2500 trucks. The company had a fleet of over 100 truck. The five trucks I had, 95, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012...I ran them up to 180,000-200,000 miles. When they were replaced, they were still running decent. I never had a power train failure in any of them.

#27 ·
are they the 2 pc spark plugs? did you have trouble getting them out? I have a 2010 and there has been problems with manifold gaskets and bolts snapping and also spark plugs breaking while changing. I replaced the passenger side manifold so far. 65000 miles

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.