getting ready to lift truck - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

getting ready to lift truck

just bought a 2013 dodge ram 2500, cummins 6 speed. replaced my 2005 cummins 2500. im getting ready to put a lift kit, new tires and rims on this truck. im really thinking about going with the carli 3 inch leveling kit which comes with new progressive coils, longer swaybar end links and bilstein 5100 shocks. have read a lot of good things about this kit. for rims and tires im looking at the procomp 6001 rims and lt315 procomp extreme all terrain tires. I had the procomp lt305's on my last truck and they really wore good. got 52000 out of the first set. I just bought the bushwacker pocket style fender flares last night from autoanything and plan on having them painted the same color as the truck. anybody else lift there 3/4 ton truck with 35's? if so what kit did you use and post some pics. I will post pics towards spring when all completed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Part of the Community

Re: getting ready to lift truck

I used a 2.5 Daystar specer kit to level mt "09 3500. It took the rake out of the front end and truck sits level. They say you don't need to change the shocks but do you will thank your self later I tow a heavy horse trailor(~9,500 empty) and the truck still sits ok. It does not look like your overloaded or have the headlights pointed towards the moon.
On a side not be careful when taking the springs out even with the suspension hanging the springs still had pressure on them. I need a spring compressore ot get them out and back in. One slipped off and smashed my thumb up.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

i know you guys both have Mopars but I leveled my Ford 1 ton with a leveling kit exactly like the one that Win MAg is talking about. just spacers for the front springs and slightly longer shocks etc. the kit I used is a 2.5" leveling kit and it's nice b/c it kinda keeps the stock ride quality. my headlights didn't even need adjusting and it more or less just took the rake out. I tow a 9000 (+/-) travel trailer and it squats just a little when you hook it up but the weight distributing hitch kinda makes it all work well. I could prolly benefit from some air bags when I tow heavier stuff but that's so seldom it's not really worth it. here's a pic (not the best picture b/c my driveway isn't flat,) of the truck with the leveling kit installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 09:35 PM
TEC
Frequent Contributor

nice looking truck
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Part of the Community

Something to consider:

MOPAR makes lift and leveling kits that can be instlled at the dealer. By them lifting your truck it won't void the warranty.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

curious hillbilly what part of my warranty would be void if the dealer did not install my lift. I understand they are not going to replace a broke aftermarket shock or any component of any of the lift products. but how would the rest of my warranty be void? I can find no info about warranty being void from installing a lift kit
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

lift is going on next month. having jack Williams in Kingston do it. went with the carli starter kit, carli adjustable trac bar, fuel krank wheels and toyo open country at's 35x12,50 cant wait.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Part of the Community

Post up some picture when you get it done
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Buy one of these beasts.

http://f650pickups.com/
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 PM
The Man

That,s my truck guys that gets over 20 mpg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page