Truck caps - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Truck caps

Anyone have any experience with a good dealer of truck caps in south central Pa. ?? I am in Franklin County, but will travel for a good deal on truck caps !!

Thanks in advance !!

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 05:38 PM

Re: Truck caps

I got my ARE cap at AllPro in Mechanicsburg.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 02:44 AM
Part of the Community

Depends on what brand. I just ordered a Leer 100XR this morning from the Leer factory outlet in Milton, PA (Northumberland Co.). Jeraco truck cap factory/outlet is on a few doors down. Buying direct from them may cut out the "middle" man and save you a few $.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 02:51 PM
TEE

I bought my leer at the Eastern Outdoors show few years ago. I saved a few hundred and got 2 extra with the special. I chose the carpeted headliner and front fold down window. I don't know if there will be a leer dealer at the NRA show now.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Try Ishler's in Mt Joy. It's in Lancaster right off the highway about 15 minutes form the Harrisburg East exit of the turnpike. It's a small family business run out of the barn behind their house but they gave me a really good price on mine.

<span style="color: yellow">Trying to understand women is like trying to smell the color nine. -Ferrell</span>
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 10:36 PM

I bought mine from the leer outlet in Milton also last month. I got the 100r painted the same color as my truck without the side sliding windows for 975. every other place I checked was 200 more.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 06:25 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338/378wm
I bought mine from the leer outlet in Milton also last month. I got the 100r painted the same color as my truck without the side sliding windows for 975. every other place I checked was 200 more.
WOW! That's were I'll get my next one. Paid a lot more for mine.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 02:16 PM

yea bob I was happy with them. I bought a new ram 2500 diesel. I only want the cap on from November to march to keep my hunting and trapping stuff dry and out of the weather. I couldn't see the extra expense for sliding side windows. for those that have caps how often do you open those windows. I thought the leer factory was real good on their price.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 03:53 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I got an ARE in Hazleton and I'm not happy with it. Poor quality. Thanks buddy!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 PM

I work right down the street from fox truck caps in Hazleton. I stopped there and got a price. I think he wanted almost 1500 for a comparable ARE cap. I quickly left. I like this leer cap I got in my opinion the same cap as the ARE I looked at but a lot cheaper. the owner out at the leer factory told me as long as I owned the cap he would take care of any problems if I ever had one. like I said I save close to 200 dollars by not getting the sliding side windows. could not imagine ever using them. just wanted one to put on in the winter months or if driving out west when I retire to hunt. if I draw my Arizona tag this year im thinking of driving out and bringing all my elk meat back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page