Anyone have tire opinions for 2012 chevy 2500? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Anyone have tire opinions for 2012 chevy 2500?

I have a 2012 Silverado 2500 HD. Tire size is 265/60/20
Came factory with Goodyear Wrangler SR-A. Which have been a great tire, so I priced them to get another set. I gave the guy the size, and didn't even ask me what brand of tire I wanted, just told me the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A is the only tire made in that size? Sound right? Just happened to look up by tire size on Amazon, and that was the only tire listed as well.

Just wondering if anyone has replaced this tire size, with a different size, and how does the truck react? I'm very hesitant to change brands, as most of my driving is highway, and if wasn't for a couple deeper looking cuts in the sidewalls, wouldn't even be replacing them yet, still lots of tread left, even at 65,000.
What I have to consider is mileage(i'm currently getting about 14.5mpg with the 6.0 motor and the original tires treated me great. Plus I think the price I got was pretty good, for the same tire that's on it now, replacing all 4, installed, is only $700.

I am pretty sure i'll be getting a new set just like what's on it now, just wondering of any differing opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Anyone have tire opinions for 2012 chevy 2500?

get on www.tirerack.com
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 10:57 PM
The Man

If your happy with those tires, and you can put 4 new ones on the truck for that price, then do it. That is a great price compared to what most 20" tires sell for. It would make you cringe if you knew what I had in tires on my 2500.....

Just had to replace a 19" tire on the wifes Buick, that Michelin tire was $260.00 installed....1 tire

Your never to old to learn something stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 09:47 AM

cooper discover st is a perfect tire IMHO I had to bump up one size though on my 1500

take a kid hunting and fishing it will keep them out of trouble
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

I run the Cooper Discoverer on my 03 1500, but there are lots of options for that size. Tire rack has them a little more money in my opinion....$660 for 4, local dealer was $700 installed.

Thanks for the opinions, think I'll just get them next week. Stick with the ones that lasted me almost 70K, and hope I have the same luck.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WexfordBowhunter
Thanks for the info. !!

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 05:11 PM
The Man

If you just buy tires from tirerack you still have to go out and get em mounted and balanced.Buyin wheels and tires as a combo I can see but not tires.In that case I,d rather give my money to a independent shop owner.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy
If you just buy tires from tirerack you still have to go out and get em mounted and balanced.Buyin wheels and tires as a combo I can see but not tires.In that case I,d rather give my money to a independent shop owner.
Yep, but you can make arrangements through the TireRack website to get them mounted at your local tire shop. Another thing you can do is go to your local tire shop and see if they'll match TireRack's on-line price. But, hey, it's your money, spent it how you like.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 10:45 PM
The Man

I understand.It,s like with Cabelas in Wheeling.They can have a pistol on sale for a great price but it has to be sent to a FFL in Pa.for you to purchase.Most of the time it,s cheaper to buy from the Pa FFL.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy
I understand.It,s like with Cabelas in Wheeling.They can have a pistol on sale for a great price but it has to be sent to a FFL in Pa.for you to purchase.Most of the time it,s cheaper to buy from the Pa FFL.
They lost a sale to me once because of these stupid laws!! This should be a streamlined check regardless of state of purchase.

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page