2013 Chevy 2500 Duramax - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

2013 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Going to get a new 6.6 duramaz this weekend, was wondering on what kind of wheels and tires would fit without rubbing? Since I am just sinking the money into a new one I also thought of just running the stock tires til they are spent but what fun is that? Also does anyone know if leveling kits will void the warranty? salesman seems to not have that info.

Shots that are true, Pass right through!

Can I getta BOOYAA?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
The Man

Re: 2013 Chevy 2500 Duramax

Need to very carefull with the offset on the rims, that makes a big difference on how big of a tire you can run, and how far they stick out the side.
As a rule, the farther they stick out, the more clearance you need for turning clearance.. They also sling more crap on the side of your truck. It a balance to get the right rim that sits flush with fender so it looks right.
I am running Nitto trail grappler M/T , 295/55R20's on mine, with Fuel rims. I also have a front leveling kit in it.
I posted a pic of it in the leveling kit thread. Here is a side view to give you a idea of the clearance with the leveling kit. I will point out that truck came with 18" factory tires and alm rims. The over all height of the tires I put on are the same, new ones are much wider though.

Corey Bride at High Cal Motor sports in Wysox is very good with wheel offsets,he did my truck, his prices are competitive as well.
570-265-5533

By the way....Congrats on the new truck !!!

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks alot, thats one sweet ride you have there. How much roughly are a leveling kit like yours? I just need to get something besides the stock wheels and tires, they look too small for the truck haha. I was thinking 33's on 18in rims. I also like the Fuel rims.

Can I getta BOOYAA?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 04:15 PM
RB
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleLung55
How much roughly are a leveling kit like yours?
Leveling kits are usually right under $200 if they come with shock extensions (recommended), there really is not much to them. Additional cost would be kit installation and tire alignment, all which could be done when you take your new wheels/tires in. A real before and after moment.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 05:37 PM
The Man

RB answered that one....from experience.... good pic of his ride on the thread he started about leveling kit...

My truck is a 2011, and Chevy changed the 8 bolt pattern in 2011, so I did not have a lot of rim choices available when I got my truck, as manufactures hadn't caught up with new bolt pattern yet.
The rims on the truck were not my choice of rims, but were the best of a limited choice at that time.
They look great, but are chrome, and high maintenance, requires a lot of work over the winter to keep them from pitting. If one looks close at mine, they show the wear of a couple of Pa Winters.
Friend of mine is buying a new Duramax today, and ask me if I would sell my tires and wheels......I said yep........then I will put the ones on it I wanted a couple years ago.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks alot, I was thinking of the Fuel rims in black with chrome or stainless bead trim, Probably 33's May keep the stock wheels and tires on for the winter and save up to purchase new ones in the spring.

Can I getta BOOYAA?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 09:59 PM
The Man

One more thing. I just ordered all new tires and wheel's for my truck. I went with 18" this time. I believe the 20"s were a mistake and took some of the ride away from the truck. I prefer a little more tire to help suck up the bumps.
Also, I believe you are referring to the black and machined aluminum wheels, they are coated, and take the winter weather much better........that is what I just ordered.
I will try to remember to post a pic when new wheels are on it.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 01:53 AM
The Man

I don,t get people puttin on real tall rims(20+) and the tires have no side wall and would be useless.I think it looks dumb and ugly too.Not yours Buzz,I,m talkin 20in.plus sizes.You would see Hummers and some big Avalanches runnin em.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 11:36 AM
The Man

No offense taken, I made what I feel was a mistake going with 20's, that's why I shared that with the class, so others think about it and maybe learn from what I did.......wrong...

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Ya it is stupid to get a truck, hummer or SUV and put 20"+ low profiles on them, but then again most of the people I see that do that, wont be going offroading very often

Can I getta BOOYAA?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page