New V6 Trucks. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
The Man

New V6 Trucks.

Ford,Chevy,and Dodge is gonna go to war with new 6 cyl 4x4,s.The Dodge is gonna have a Eco-Diesel option.The milage reports for the diesel aren,t no better than the gas Fords and Chevys sixes but the diesel will be a $2500 option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 11:34 PM
The Man

Re: New V6 Trucks.

Please supply a link to back up your opinion......

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 12:13 AM
The Man

By offering a diesel engine in its 2014 Ram 1500 pickup, Chrysler becomes the first OEM to bring <span style="font-weight: bold">30-mpg</span> (7.8 L/100 km) potential to the light-duty side of the U.S. full-size truck segment. The much-anticipated product action also will help move Chrysler’s fleet fuel efficiency closer to the 35.4-mpg (6.6 L/100 km) combined truck/car average required by U.S. CAFE standards for 2017.

www.sae.org/mags/aei/11832/‎

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
The Man

I seen it on Yahoo news and it posted them all at 24 mpg give or take a mpg.It said nothing close to 30mpg.Maybe my read wasn,t correct but it was a V6 Diesel.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 12:29 PM
The Man

The article I posted ( I see the link didn't work ?) But it was from earlier this year. Also, I looked at a few other articles, including one from Dodge, and none gave the est fuel mileage, they all gave guesses, so I am not saying it gets 30mpg.
Guess we will have to wait and see when they come out, or until we find something from Dodge with there estimated mpg for it.
I do believe it shows that the diesel is a tool that they are looking at to increase there fleet average, which says something.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 03:33 PM

I've been arguing for a 1/2 ton diesel for years. Even a small truck with a little diesel in it could be great for most things. If we'd get over our HP and MPH thing here in America we could have trucks getting over 30mpg pretty easily. I'm guilty of it too, driving a 300+ HP machine back and forth to work.

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

They are going to put that little diesel in the up coming wranglers as well. I wouldn't mind a wrangler pushing over 250hp and close to 400 lbs/ft.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
The Man

They put a Mercedes diesel in the first gen Liberty for a year.It ran great but the fuel economy was poor for and it cost a small fortune.I wouldn,t mind checkin out the Chevy Cruz with the diesel.The Ford Ranger is still being built with a diesel option overseas.That should be pretty economical to run.I had a Chevy Chevette in the early eighties and they made a diesel and think I only came across one of them ever in a diesel.That would be neat to find today.I think that one was called a Scooter.I even think the early Chevy S-10,s had a diesel option.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
The Man

If I could go back in time I would buy one of those VW Pickups in a diesel.They would run forever and get a zillion miles to the gallon.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 11:16 PM
The Man

"Diesel engines will be outdated sooner than later and the conversions I have spoken of earlier are goin on as we speak.Waste Management has been converting it,s fleets over and will be all converted before long.I,ve farmed with gas and with diesels on big acreage and myself perfer gas.The pure diesel engine in any form will be history and will be phased out in the not to distant future."

The above is a quote from Goodolboy, just guessing that aint looking like it's gonna happen any time soon.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page