Safest vehicle to drive - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Safest vehicle to drive

Trying to steer this topic to a new thread and off the great thread that was started and should be left to run as it was started.

I feel my wife is safer driving a full size SUV, as opposed to running around in a Dodge Neon or similar, others apparently don't feel that way. Here's a thread to make your thoughts known on that subject.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to 59Willys
Re: Safest vehicle to drive

I agree with you buss,Big is better and safer in my mind,If a Hummer H2 would fit in my garage " Trust me I tried " We would have one!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Frequent Contributor

i feel safe in the f250

Dont knock it till you've tried it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 PM
The Man

I agree, bigger is better in a crash........I don't care what way you slice it, there is a lot more room for things to twist and crush without causing any type of injury.....

As far as their being more crashes involving SUV's it's because a lot of people don't know how to drive a rear wheel drive vehicle in incliment weather.......

My wife drives a Tahoe, and I would much rather pay for the gas in that, and my full size truck, and have us be safer, and better equipped to drive safely in some of the places/weather we get around here........the Township here sometimes leaves 8 inches of snow on the road before they start plowing, and they refuse to use salt, so yea, front wheel drive cars only get you so far.....

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I agree with all of you so far !!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 PM

Having worked for a towing service for 3 years, I seen first-hand the end result when some of these small cars met a full-size vehicle head-on in a crash, or even in an accident involving a tree or cement culvert. Most of the smaller vehicles were severely damaged and the some of the full size had very minor damage. I had a car rear-end the back of my Blazer several years ago, he had $8500 damage, I had $300, the cost of a gas tank that got damaged and was leaking.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I work in transportation.

Every Fatal accident involving an auto doing wrong has been a small car, toyota echo, chevy cavalier.

I watched the FD jaws of life a nissan part after a minor collision w/ a bobtail tractor.

I'll pay the gas prices to stay in my full size vehicles!

4th Generation @ Kamp.

3D - There are STILL a few deer left! You need to pry them out of the developments!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Funny, the guy who disagreed about SUV's on the chevy runs deep thread.....has failed to join in.....

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

You need to get yourself a 74' Sedan Deville. Nothing safer than a boat load of steel between you and the other guy!

I see said the Blind Carpenter to his Deaf Helper as he picked up his Hammer and Saw!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 12:31 AM
The Man

I,m just tellin you Buzz on what I see on the news everyday and in my travels.Plus everytime there is a major s/storm they are the ones totaled.I have held a Pa Inspection and Emission liscense for years and hung around alot of garages in my day.The way these cars are built today unless your in a fender bender your gonna be dead in a serious accident.Bushmaster is correct.Great classic American Iron was the best and these new SUV,s give very little protection.You guys are talkin car on truck.Most of the fatal Suv crashes happen if they hit a Cavalier or a snow bank cause once they wreck they mostly roll,flip,etc.Even in a big new Suv if you hit a small car head on both drivers are more than likely to be killed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page