Whats your hunting vehicles - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Whats your hunting vehicles

Since I'm in the process of fixing my hunting/beater vehicle, I broke it scouting/dove hunting, i was just curious what everyone else uses. Mine is this slightly modded jeep liberty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180810_155034_1537878162530.jpg (1.08 MB, 22 views)
35 whelen likes this.

Last edited by schappellt; 09-26-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 06:26 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

My 2015 F150...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0083.JPG (1.43 MB, 11 views)
bigguy54 and 35 whelen like this.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 06:28 PM
Sage

2007 Chevy Avalanche.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 06:38 PM
Part of the Community

2016 Tacoma
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 06:54 PM

A 2004 Hyundai Accent. Odd hunting vehicle you say? I hunt and trap every day in the fall and winter, and rack up a bunch of mile. That car gets 32 mpg, only hold 3 quarts of oil, and tires are cheap. ( I just had 4 new 185-80-14 delivered to my door, $132 for four. I’d pay $250 for a single tire for my truck). I have ATVs to use once I get to my trapping and hunting areas. If the roads get too nasty, I will drive my 2012 Chevy 2500. But it has to be pretty bad, as that car runs like a raped ape in the snow.

I put a couple big tarps in the hatch compartment to hold back the blood and hair.
WADMAN and Buckskin Dave like this.

Last edited by Bigbrownie; 09-25-2018 at 07:32 PM.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 07:25 PM

I have a 1997 Jeep Cherokee for my hunting vehicle. Bought it new. It has 134,000 miles and most of them to and from hunting and fishing in and out of state. Slept in it several times Winter and Summer.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 08:00 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
2010 standard cab F150 with a cap on the back. Cap topped with a canoe rack. 4WD with a posy traction rear end and towing package for my camper. My kids, both in their late 20ies call it an old guy truck. So be it. I have a good time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camping 2015 003.jpg (1.43 MB, 19 views)

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying

Last edited by Buckskin Dave; 09-25-2018 at 08:02 PM.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 09:58 PM
Frequent Contributor

2017 Silverado.

Bigbrownie, I got you beat, well my buddy does. He purchased a vw beetle in the summer. Fast forward 1st day rifle season he pulls in parks beside the barn as my son & I were sitting in my truck. Him and his 2 boys gets out of the car. His 2 boys at 6' tall built like body builders like there Dad. We stood there in aww watching this taking place as they got out and pulling out there hunting pants, jackets, back packs from the trunk. I asked him, where you gonna put the deer if any of you get 1? Back seat with 1 of his boy's LOL. The deer would have to be laying on his lap or sit on the deer if thats the case. I thought i seen everything.

We were just talking about he not going to show up in the bug with his boys. Even though when he brought it to my place to show me what he bought in the summer. I did ask him what you going to drive coming deer season, this? Yup he replied. No way i said. Cheap on gas, tires cheap etc. etc. he went on. Yeah i knew for years he was tight with his $, but never thought he go that route.
Bigbrownie likes this.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:03 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin Dave View Post
My kids, both in their late 20ies call it an old guy truck.
The older I get, I find that to be a complimentary term..."old guy"

Mine is a 2014 4 door F-150. 4WD with the 5.0 V8 and a trifold cover on the bed. Slept in the back seat a few times. Not too bad. Gets the job done for me.
Buckskin Dave likes this.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:49 PM

I had to run a trapline inside the Accent last winter. I carry an 8 pack of Lance wheat and cheddar crackers in the car for snacks when Iím trapping or hunting. One day while warming up on the trapline I noticed one of the pack was open, and there were crackers on the floor. When I turned on the heater, cracker crumbs started flying out the floor vent. I was parking the car in overgrown fields and mice must have found their way in. I caught 3 over the next 2 days.

I hammered a deer on I-80 with it last month. Was passing in the left lane when a big doe came over the guard rail. When it hit, it flew over the hood and roof and into a tractor trailer that was following me. It bucked the hood up, pushed the fender into the wheel, took out the ac radiator and left headlight assembly. I pulled over at the Renoldsville exit, hooked a come a long up to a guard rail post and pulled the fender away from the wheel. When I got home I took the hood off, jumped on the crease and straightened out the fender a little more. I had to buy a new light assembly. It was kind warm with no ac last month, went old school with the windows down.

My kids and wife make fun of me for driving this car. I said it has itís benefits....no one will park anywhere near you and everyone stays clear of you on the road. Just topped 100,000 miles last week. Gonna buy a new Subaru this spring, but Iíll sure miss my old beater.
Buckskin Dave likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page