Tire recommendations - Page 7 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 06:59 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Well since my last post in April my truck has 19k since putting on Cooper AT3 and they are shot. Terrible life from them. Terrible traction with them. Will not buy another set
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:24 PM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superd View Post
Well since my last post in April my truck has 19k since putting on Cooper AT3 and they are shot. Terrible life from them. Terrible traction with them. Will not buy another set

Wow , what are the odds I came here to recommend the exact tire you just stated you are not happy with?
I originally stuck them on my Wrangler and love them , great traction even without the front locker engaged .......and strong.
Could not wait til I was able to put them on my truck.
That truck ended up getting totaled.
I don't like to wish my tires would wear out .... but when the factory tires go on my latest truck I very much plan on getting them again.
Well since you were not pleased with yours ... I guess I can't recommend anything to you but best of luck in your search.
post #63 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:10 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Put 68000 on my coopers on my 2 set. Luv em!

Camp life,it don't get much better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 12:33 PM
Sage

Over 50K on tje Cooper AT3s, on my 2010 Z71 Silverado when I traded the truck and put the OEM tires/alloy wheels back on it. Sold the Coopers for $100, still more than passable for inspection.

Ditched the OEM Goodyears that came on the 2014 Silverado, for a set of Hancook ATMs. About 59K on them this past fall, when I replaced them. Still passable, but I don't go into winter with barely passable tire tread.

Far as I'm concerned, the Coopers and Hancooks are about even for road noise, traction and tread life and I'd recommend either tire? No explanation for poor tread life on the Coopers. A cousin's son has worn out two sets of them on two different trucks, got close to 60K out of both sets.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #65 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 01:03 PM
dce
Sage

It also depends on the vehicle and what you do with it Denny.My wife has a wrangler and she has close to 60k miles on a set of General grabber AT2's and they still look good.I use the same tires on my 3/4 ton Ram and always have to change them before the next inspection,usually 20-25k miles.I tow fairly heavy loads 2-3 times per month and it just eats the rear tires.Even without towing,I never got good tire life with a 3/4 ton compared to a 1/2 ton.For the money,I think the General grabbers are tough to beat.They have good traction,tread wear and low road noise.
post #66 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 01:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by superd View Post
In past years Cooper tires "were" my first choice until I bought the AT/3s to replace the nearly worn out Firestone Destinations. The best I can say about the ATs, they suck in every category, rain, snow and wear.

Bill
simoncool likes this.
post #67 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 01:48 PM

I understand the tread life factor but I wouldn't use Michelin tires to drive across my lawn. Their tread is aggressive enough to safely get you to the mall and back.
simoncool likes this.

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
post #68 of 68 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 02:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I agree dce, depends to a large degree on the truck and the way that truck is used. I never expect to get more than 30k on a truck tire.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page