2019 Chevy Silverado? - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 08:31 AM
Regular Visitor

Its funny to me about different areas being preferring one brand over another. Here in Pittsburgh Rams are less than any other brand. When i bought my used F150 last year a similar Dodge was about 5K less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Sage

Some people never change. Others have tried 'em all.

One friend used to drive Chevys, had a few Fords and is now on his third RAM 4x4.

Another guy I know, went from Chevys to two Tundras, which were the greatest trucks on the road, according to him. Now he has a RAM 4x4 crew. He claimed he couldn't make a deal on a third Tundra and they were "giving RAMS away".

One of his buddies told me the real reason he got a RAM, was because he tired of getting 17 MPG with the Tundras and the RAM does over 20 highway.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

My original question was about the new 2019 Chevy Silverado. I will decide what truck I will buy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Frequent Contributor

Get a Titan. Save $$$ over a Tundra, sweet ride, tons of power. Great warranty, but based on my 20+ years experience owning a Nissan, you likely won't need it much. I've had five Nissans, all been great. Not much more than changing oil and tires, and if I run them 100K miles +, occasionally hubs or shocks. Most underrated vehicle on the road. That said, with sticker prices pushing north of $60K for a new crew cab of any brand, I will buy the most truck I can for my money whether Ford, Dodge, Toyota or Nissan.

To the OP, I like to wait a year or two when a model change happens. Glad to hear guys had success with GM, but for my regardless of price, my next truck won't be a GM product. One example, friend of mine this spring bought a new GM crew cab, had it in the shop 8 times in first three months to solve a tranny shifting (or lack thereof) problem, finally GM honored the lemon law. His replacement is better but still shifts finicky. On another, a 2010 Silverado, the bed is bubbling and rusting out around the rear wheel wells, the paint bubbles are literally getting worse every day and filling with water. Pop one and water runs out.

Stuff can and does happen to all brands but seems to me it's GM more than others.

"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I've always been a Ford guy, but I had a 2004 that blew 2 spark plugs out of the block. Of course the first time this happened was about 3,000 miles past the 36,000 mile warranty. Didn't make me feel much better when I learned this was such a common occurrence that they had a repair kit for it. The truck was only 3 years old at the time. Made me think about getting a Chevy or Dodge the next time, but I figured in all the years I bought Fords, that was the only major issue I had. I've stayed with Fords and have never experienced any other major problems.

I guess that was a problem for a brief period of time with certain Ford engines which was corrected in fairly short order.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 08:21 AM

My buddy and mechanic told me to stay away from the new trucks. Said they are getting cheaper and cheaper in thier construction and the electronics are crazy expensive to repair. Have an F250 that was getting pretty rough in the body. 6 new body panels and fenders and she is ready for another tour. 431,271 miles on her this morning.

Had a Silverado quit after 230,00 and 2 new trannies. I liked that truck fine.

The difference between dreamers and achievers is action.
One try is worth a thousand guesses.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

431,271 miles.....love it!!
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 09:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to 59Willys
Haven't seen one yet, been on youtube I'm not to fond the way it looks from the sides. Wheel wells look to rounded. I can't believe you can get a 4cyl. turbo in a 5,000 lb. truck. Not my cup of tea. Great deals on 2018 models! Going to look pretty close on both years. My 2010 been a great truck that my wife wants to keep and drive. Bought new and the body is still in excellent shape.

Last edited by 59Willys; 07-22-2018 at 09:35 AM.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 02:28 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Pretty much how I feel. Too many electronics, plastic parts under the hood, and everything is an “assembly”!! I buy new or almost new and keep it only for 100-125k before crap starts going really wrong.
Best bet is pick something that is backed by the company. Ford is by far the worst and Chevy close second to fixing crap under warranty. Toyota was the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip Feroce View Post
My buddy and mechanic told me to stay away from the new trucks. Said they are getting cheaper and cheaper in thier construction and the electronics are crazy expensive to repair. Have an F250 that was getting pretty rough in the body. 6 new body panels and fenders and she is ready for another tour. 431,271 miles on her this morning.

Had a Silverado quit after 230,00 and 2 new trannies. I liked that truck fine.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 02:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Yeah, nothing like thinking you need a new distributor and finding out you don't have a distributor, each spark plug has a coil pack @$50.00 x 8 = $400.00.

Then going online and finding out you can order the whole set of 8 for under $50.00 (aftermarket, not Motorcraft).

I'll take the aftermarket, thank you.
stinkbait likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page