2014 gmc duramax issue - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

2014 gmc duramax issue

So I went to start my 2014 2500hd and it did not crank or start. There was power from the battery. The truck has 35k and I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty. I had the truck towed to the dealer that I purchased the truck from new. Two weeks later and a few thousands $$ they still have no idea what's wrong. They called me and asked if they should continue to try to fix because the warranty might not keep covering the labor. I told them it's a $65k truck they better know how to fix thier own product! I'm a little concerned, as I haven't heard back from them in a few days. I don't know what actions I have here. Anyone have any experience or guidence?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 08:40 PM
Regular Visitor

Suggest you read your warranty documentation carefully to find out what their obligations are. Also, GM probably has some sort of regional management to appeal these type of issues. You can probably find it in the user manual or on their website. I hope you have a loaner.

Any attorneys on here care to comment?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 08:07 AM

I hope your extended warranty is GM extended warranty not an aftermarket one.When I worked at a GM dealer it was called GMPP.There are several different levels of GMPP also.Ask if they have contacted technical assistance for advice.My opinion is that they have no "qualified" diesel technician on staff.If it won't start there should some codes or lack of fuel pressure,which should set a code.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

My warranty is not a Gm warranty. The dealer has a specific commercial large truck dept. It's it own separate building and garage where they service large commercial fleet trucks up to tractor trailers.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 04:04 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Not the first time I've heard of this. Each one of the prior cases, while still on factory warranty, I've heard of ended with GM giving owner new truck.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 11:10 PM
Part of the Community

Fixed yet?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

I was finally able to pick up my truck last Thursday. They replaced 2 control modules. $1k in parts $2k in labor. There were signs of rodents but not sure if that caused the issue. I paid $50 deductible. I'm thinking remaining calm paid off in this case rather then flipping out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page