Enclosed Trailer - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By buzz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Enclosed Trailer

Ok. Looking for an enclosed trailer. Sure seems like alot of companies out there making them. The local guy carrys Carmate, but they seem like they are higher priced than some of the others. Looking for something to use mainly for taking stuff to camp. I want something at least 6x12 inside so that means I probably need a 7x14. This way I can take Kayaks and the JD Gator. Thinking about going with a #7000 GVWR. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 04:20 AM

I have a Royal Cargo in 7X16 for doing exactly what your doing . But I had to go custom build 1 foot higher roof to get my Teryx 750 inside because of the roll bar hieght . With the 8 foot length and 60 inch width , I'm not getting much of anything else in there with it . Of course my fishing kayaks are 12 and 13 feet long . They would have to go on a roof rack on the truck .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rodetrip.jpg (804.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 0930131818.jpg (1.04 MB, 4 views)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 08:15 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Had a custom trailer built by R&R, 26'x8' V nose with a beaver tail. Had several electrical outlets installed and the walls insulated. Trailer was expensive but well worth it in my eyes. Built in Michigan which took about 6 weeks, drove over and picked it up. This trailer is used mainly for traveling west to elk hunt.

Don't Gobble at me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Sage

Don't know how it is in the western part of PA, but around here Craigs List usually has plenty of new/used enclosed trailers for sale?

Several years ago a friend's son passed away and dad sold most of the things that were out at his son's house. Wood splitter, ATVs, jet ski, etc. The kid had a fairly new double axle enclosed trailer. Guessing that it was at least 16' long, since it had double axles? Drop down end gate/ramp, one side door.

IIRC he got around $3,900 for it, was like new.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Frequent Contributor

C spot I have a 2007 haulmark 7X14 7000 GVWR I bought new special ordered extra foot higher for easy loading and head room has a finished interior insulated walls tile floor electric lights rear ramp door for driving bikes or quads into dual axle V-Nose if interested pm me
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 04:33 PM
The Man

Beings as you are taking it into camp, just watch the ground clearance in the back if you have uneven ground to go over.
Enclosed trailers are usually low to the ground, and could cause some issue in certain areas. The longer they are, the lower the back will go over certain humps, or low spots.

For just a side x side and misc small gear, 7000 gvw should be fine.

Also, a V nose can be wasted space, but I have seen people put shelves there to make it more useful.

A side door can make the things stored in front accessible without having to remove the UTV or crawl over it.

Installing the right side door that opens from inside or out, and some lights, could make the trailer a extra bunk house should you get a big crowd some weekend. Possible flip down bunks off the side walls ?
cspot likes this.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyF View Post
Don't know how it is in the western part of PA, but around here Craigs List usually has plenty of new/used enclosed trailers for sale?

Several years ago a friend's son passed away and dad sold most of the things that were out at his son's house. Wood splitter, ATVs, jet ski, etc. The kid had a fairly new double axle enclosed trailer. Guessing that it was at least 16' long, since it had double axles? Drop down end gate/ramp, one side door.

IIRC he got around $3,900 for it, was like new.
I have been looking but the used market isn't the greatest. Lots of trailers on there, but the one's in good shape aren't that far off new prices. The one's that are decently priced tend to be rough. Just like anything else I am sure that there are some good deals to be found.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed23 View Post
C spot I have a 2007 haulmark 7X14 7000 GVWR I bought new special ordered extra foot higher for easy loading and head room has a finished interior insulated walls tile floor electric lights rear ramp door for driving bikes or quads into dual axle V-Nose if interested pm me
Wish you would have posted a day earlier as I would have been interested. I bought a new one last night. 7x14 and I got the extra 6" height and has a side door and the ramp door on back. 7000 GVWR. Should fit the bill just fine. Thanks everyone.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
Beings as you are taking it into camp, just watch the ground clearance in the back if you have uneven ground to go over.
Enclosed trailers are usually low to the ground, and could cause some issue in certain areas. The longer they are, the lower the back will go over certain humps, or low spots.

For just a side x side and misc small gear, 7000 gvw should be fine.

Also, a V nose can be wasted space, but I have seen people put shelves there to make it more useful.

A side door can make the things stored in front accessible without having to remove the UTV or crawl over it.

Installing the right side door that opens from inside or out, and some lights, could make the trailer a extra bunk house should you get a big crowd some weekend. Possible flip down bunks off the side walls ?
Hoping to have a driveway put in soon that should take care of any issues. Only place I have to watch is coming off the road.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page