Tacoma or Nissan Frontier - Page 3 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:26 PM
dce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shed Antler View Post
I have a Honda with 303,000. It now uses a little oil but the thing still runs like the day i bought it!
The ridgeline is perfect for me. I can pack more hunting stuff in that then we can get in my brother s 4 door f150. I haul wood in it and dead deer. It goes everywhere I take it without issue. It is much tougher then people get credit for. I will get another.

Not to mention,they come standard with a tampon dispenser under the back seat lol.jk
nomad_archer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:07 PM

I have 336,000+ and counting on my '91 Toyota pickup. I see no reason to spend a lot of time looking at other brands if/when she ever dies.
post #23 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
Not to mention,they come standard with a tampon dispenser under the back seat lol.jk

YES!!!!!!! Lol

It's a good spot. Just not today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Sage

An old rascal at our gun club had several Ford Ranger 4x4s over the years. The last one had a chrome brush guard on the front and sun visor over the windshield. Told him it was way too sporty for an ol' goat.

He bought a new Ridgeline when they came out, asked me if it was sensible enough for a man his age?

Told him, "only if it's for your wife"?

He got another new Ridgeline two years ago, is now 85 and still going strong. Tough go up into his hunting camp when it's snowy or muddy, said the Ridgeline goes up in there better than any of his Rangers did.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #25 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 08:33 AM

I could care less who makes the truck I buy. What matters is that it is well made. If that happens to be NOT one of the big-three so be it.
post #26 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 09:54 AM
dce

Before I had kids,I had a couple Nissans and Tototas.They were all as reliable as the rising sun but lacked with interior room and got horrendous gas mileage for how under powered they were.I found them basically worthless if you were hauling anything more than a dead deer.I went to driving a fill sized extended cab after I had kids and would never go back.
post #27 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Before I had kids,I had a couple Nissans and Tototas.They were all as reliable as the rising sun but lacked with interior room and got horrendous gas mileage for how under powered they were.I found them basically worthless if you were hauling anything more than a dead deer.I went to driving a fill sized extended cab after I had kids and would never go back.
While I agree on a lot of those points. I have a 2nd gen tacoma with the 4.0 v6 and it has plenty of power for hauling or pulling. The limiting factor in hauling is the suspension although they have been upgrading the leaf spring on the trucks and it does help. I haul a lot of firewood in the bed and also pull a trailer. However...... when I buy a new truck I will be getting a full size tundra since they get nearly the same mileage as I get in the tacoma and the price difference is only a few thousand dollars. Kind of a simple decision for me plus a wife, two kids, and two dogs makes traveling a bit of an adventure. Also mileage when hauling or towing is pretty crappy.
post #28 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 10:26 AM
tdd
Super Moderator

Three kids meant I needed to upsize from my Tacoma, but I'd pulled trailers full of stone, dirt, etc and it never gave me a complaint. The polymer bed box was a nice plus...no worries of dents/rust/etc.

The Titan is a nice change for size. My wife and I were in the truck yesterday and passed a Tacoma and she looked at it and said, "how'd we ever make do with a truck that size for so long?" lol

My Tacoma never left me wanting for power with a full bed and/or a trailer. I got it in the 6-speed manual with the 6cyl and it was always more than up to whatever I wanted it to do.

I haven't really worked the Titan that hard yet. Most it's had to do is pull a trailer with a beast of an old Simplicity garden tractor in it, so around 800lbs (accordingly to Simplicity) plus the trailer weight. The truck didn't seem to know it was there, lol.
nomad_archer likes this.
post #29 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
That's good for me too...I have a wife 3 daughters...just keeps getting better! Lol!
I've had Honda products my whole life. You can't kill them. They can't make a truck more suited for me and what use it for than the ridgeline!
post #30 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 11:10 AM
tdd
Super Moderator

3-daughter-household here too...

Some days, I swear you can see the estrogen running down the walls.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page