Ram Ecodiesel - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Ram Ecodiesel

Anyone on here have one? I would like to hear if you do and your opinions on them. I've been eyeing them up and they seem to be reasonably priced in the base model trim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 11:57 PM
The Man

Re: Ram Ecodiesel

There was a thread on this last year with a lot of new owners opinions.Mostly positive if I remember.Dig back into the archives and revive the thread.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 05:14 PM
dce
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxtHunter86
Anyone on here have one? I would like to hear if you do and your opinions on them. I've been eyeing them up and they seem to be reasonably priced in the base model trim.
My buddy owns a Chrysler dealership and had one for a while.He liked it but claims it wasn't worth the extra money for the diesel in a 1/2 ton.

I drive diesels because I put thousands of miles on pulling a heavy horse trailer.If I didn't tow as much and as often as I do,I'd never own a diesel.You'll never make up for any increased fuel mileage because the fuel is more and the cost of the truck is way more.They're also far more expensive to maintain when you change the oil and fuel filter.otherwise,they're just a pia to have as a daily driver.Not every station has diesel and it never fails that someone is always blocking the diesel pump when you need fuel.They're also more of a headache in the winter.I just see no real practical advantage of a 1/2 ton diesel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 10:46 PM
The Man

Yup,that was the cons in the old thread.Don,t forget the diesel stink you got to watch getting on your hands when you refuel.Not nice if your on your way to dinner.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 01:29 PM
dce
Sage

You definitely have to be careful fueling them up.Seriously though,I would never own another diesel if I didn't have to haul such heavy loads.I'm looking forward to the day that I can go back to driving a gas half ton.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 07:47 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Bought one for the wife last Aug. Price was stickered at 54k, drove it home for 37k. She loves it and does not have a problem when fueling it. Towed the 22' ski boat with the truck last fall. Not an issue when pulling the boat. Her truck is a 4 door Crew in the Laramie trim. She has about 16k in miles and gets 26-28 mpg.

Only bad thing so far is locating the Euro L oil to run in it.
Auto zone carries it at 9.00 a qt. Oil and fuel filters are bought in line and are readily available.

If I did not tow a 13k camper and a 24' enclosed trailer elk hunting, I would have a Eco Diesel not a 3500 Cummins.

Don't Gobble at me...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Well I bit the bullet last night and finally got something. I ended up with a crew cab hemi. It drives like a dream and I couldn't be happier. It's amazing just in a ten year time span the difference between my old ram and new one. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 02:09 PM
dce
Sage

I actually like the front end on the eco-diesel.I think it may be the best looking truck out there.Throw some 35's on it with some nice rims and you have a pretty sharp looking truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page