Anyone ever bought anything from Blue Knob Auto? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Anyone ever bought anything from Blue Knob Auto?

My wife is pregnant and due in September. Since I'll be the one driving the kid to daycare I have to get a new vehicle. My 05 dodge ram is a single cab and apparently you can't put car seats in the front seat? Who knew? And my everyday beater car is an 08 honda fit which is basically a go kart with a license plate.

Basically I'm in the market for a 2014 or newer crew cab truck. And Blue Knob Auto's prices look to be insanely cheap. They have a 2015 F250 XLT gasser with less than 15k miles on it for $33k. All of their prices seem to be way lower than what you would see from a dealership. I would much rather buy an already depreciated truck than a brand new one.

Has anyone ever bought a truck or car from them before? Where do they get their vehicles from? They arent flood vehicles from another state are they? haha. Their prices just seem to be cheaper than everyone elses so naturally I'm suspicious. Thanks.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone ever bought anything from Blue Knob Auto?

I've bought a few from them as have my family, have always had a good experience. Very low pressure to deal with. They give you the keys, you test drive it alone. Price is very much set in stone and there is very very little to no wiggle room in negotiations. Cars have always been very clean, I've run carfax on them and had the ones I bought to a personal mechanic for him to review as well.

Basically they are selling their vehicles just above auction value BUT they are also buying your vehicle at that same price. It's still apples to apples but be prepared to get much lower for your car, however their vehicle (as you've seen) is priced very low

One Shot...One Kill
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 08:04 PM
M&M
New Arrival

I've bought several vehicles from Blue Knob - and will continue to buy from them in the future. I can offer nothing but positive comments about them. Their costs, the way they treat you, the entire process of test driving cars/trucks, the purchase process - all great.

Their vehicles are mostly cars coming off of lease - whether that was a personal lease and the dealer doesn't want the used car on their lot or it was a commercial lease of some type (often rental companies). If you watch their website, they often get a bunch of the same brand and model of car at the same time - it has something to do with lease cycles, etc.

If you see a car/truck you like, don't think about it too long, they don't last. And if you are going to drive out to see a particular vehicle, call when you are leaving the house and they will normally put a hold on that one vehicle until you get there. But you can't do that more than an hour or two ahead of when you'll be getting there.

Good luck. And have some fun trying the different models. It actually makes car buying a much more enjoyable experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 09:39 PM
M70
Regular Visitor

Three deals done at Blue Knob. All positive. As M&M says be ready to pull the triger if you like one. Web site is a good place to start but turn over is fast. Many have factory warranties to fall back on should problems occur. Saturdays can be very busy. But lots of staff are on duty.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 11:19 AM
The Man

My nephew and neice bought 2 at the same time from them and were satisfied.I never heard of em or been there but he told me about the deal.I,m pretty sure he said his 2 vehicles were rent a cars.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 12:04 PM
dce
Sage

Loads of people in this area buy cars there.Several of the dealerships in this area refuse to do warranty work on them.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the input. DCE: do you know why they refuse to do warranty work? Was it because they used to be commercial lease cars or was it because Blue Knob takes away alot of their business?

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 07:53 AM

I've bought several cars and trucks off them over the years. I have never had any trouble getting warranty work done at any dealership.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Part of the Community

Blue Knob Auto / aka The Repo Depot.
If you ever watched one of those television programs such as Lizard Lick towing, you would understand where their vehicles comes from.
Most of their vehicles comes from North Carolina, Virginia etc.
The buyer couldn't make the payment, and the finance company sent someone to repo it.
The repo company cannot resell it, so they give it to Blue Knob and Blue Knob sells it for what they can get for it and the previous owner is still on the hook for the difference.
Why is the vehicle so cheap - as you put it?
Blue Knob Auto Sales finances those vehicles and they have a floor plan. A floor plan is an agreement between the auction and the buyer, where the auction gives the buyer so many weeks to sell the vehicle before they have to pay for it. Unlike my savings account that pays .001% interest on my savings. Your interest payment - according to your credit history, is as much as 12%. You can't get 12% on your money, not even a bank can make 12%!

The way the vehicle looks when you buy it isn't the same as the way it looked when they hauled it in.
If you walk around their lot, you will see that they have their own mechanic shop and their own body shop and they butter up those vehicles so they look good long enough to get people to buy them.

So why does so many vehicles have Blue Knob Auto Sales on the back bumper? Well believe it or not, there is a lot of desperate people out there with poor credit or no credit at all. The bank would never give those people a loan - some of them are not trustworthy, but Blue Knob knows if you don't pay them - some people are on a weekly basis payment plan, they just drive up with the wrecker and repo the vehicle and send it even further north.

I have a sister that is over extended - 2 kids went to Penn State, lived in a condo, never worked in their whole life.
Mom tried to give them everything and even left dad because he didn't get along with the kids and tried to be a dad instead of a friend. Mom declared bankruptcy, screwed several credit card companies. Mom drove to Blue Knob, bought two new Honda vehicles, and drove home with no down payment.

Even I wouldn't have given her a loan! Especially not for $36,000 for two previously owned vehicles.

I tried to buy a Chevy Impala off them once.
I tried to close the door and it didn't shut properly.
I measured the chassis, it was missing 1.75 inches on the one side, was hit hard in an accident and the body shop hung a new front fender but didn't pull the Unibody first.

You have to be very careful of what you buy at Blue Knob Auto Sales. The payment might last longer than the vehicle.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 11:31 AM
The Man

I've never bought from them, but personally know several people who have, and have never heard a complaint, either about the sales/service, or the vehicles themselves. I know someone who works in their service dept, and claims that nothing suspect gets left go. It's worth it to them to make a tiny bit less than have issues down the road.

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page