My truck - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

My truck

I have a 1997 chevy s10 4x4 just wanted some opinions before I do much more, I painted the rims black some people think they look good and some people say they don't what do you guys think next I want to paint my grill black and bedline the bed and what do you think about the kc lights I put on my bumper.

2015 success
3 doe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 12:31 PM
The Man

Re: My truck

What you thinks looks good is all the matters.I think your right on track on doin this truck justice.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 03:13 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Black rims are becoming a very common "fad" as of late. A lot of manufactures are rolling trucks off the line with black rims now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 09:51 PM
The Man

I agree, if you like the looks, that's what counts. And 5C is right on about new trucks on black rims. My Raptor came with black rims.

Just a FYI. If you thinking of doing the bed, 3m makes a great undercoat that dries like paint, and doesn't rub off like cheap "mac" stuff. I used to use it all the time on my big truck frames. Comes in a spray can.....part number 08882. Might want to try a can of that on something to see if you like it, if you do, you can probably do inside of bed for a fraction of what actual bed lining cost.
Mind you, I would not try that on a new truck I was trying to protect the box on, but going from your post I was presuming you are going for looks, and I was just suggesting a way to save a few bucks.
Either way, your truck is looking good......

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 12:42 AM
clc
Part of the Community

How do you have the KC lights mounted, how are they wired, do they vibrate when driving and what switch are you using?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc
How do you have the KC lights mounted, how are they wired, do they vibrate when driving and what switch are you using?
I took the bumper off drilled holes and bolted te lights onto the bumper , they do not vibrate. For wiring them I mounted the relay ( I extremely suggest using a delay so all the power isn't going right to the swicth) mount the relay as close as you can to the battery and ground the black wire then run the green and white wire threw the fire wall and mount the swicth on ur dash somewhere , my truck came with extra panels to mount switches

Hook the wires up to the swicth. Then I had trouble finding a power source for the yellow and white wire ( the white wire can be spliced into ur headlights so you you can have high and low beams) the instructions say to put the wires on the positive battery cable but for my truck I have a side post and the bolt was not long enought to mount them and I could not find another bolt that was attached to a hot wire that I could easily get to so I bought an side post acessorie battery terminal and this is how they got mounted and the swicth I was using is the one whatever one comes in the kit this is the 5 inch Apollo pro

2015 success
3 doe
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 12:01 AM

I like the black rims on an older truck.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Nice! These are tuff little trucks that run forever. I have one that is getting close to 300,000 miles and doesn't use a drop of oil.

It's breeding,training...and something unknown.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Here is a new pic of the grille

I know a lot of people don't like body lifts but next week I'm gonna put a 2 inch body lift and then sometime before July a suspinsion lift and 33 inch tires!

2015 success
3 doe
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Frequent Contributor

Ever think about stuffing a small block V8 in there?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page