Spray in bed liners - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Spray in bed liners

Hello, I just purchased a new Gmc 2500hd and wanted to do a spray in liner. Does anyone have a truck with a spray in liner? What brand do you have, how old is it, has it held up well, and do you recommend it? Ive gotten great advise from fellow Hpa members before! Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Spray in bed liners

I have rhino lining and would certainly recommend it. However, don't make the same mistake I did by having it sprayed on any part of the lip. It will allow for some water to get in if you have a shell on your truck.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

My is over seven years old and still looks great and hasn't chipped either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 10:45 AM

I'm thinking about a DIY kit for the floor of the bed of my truck, strictly for traction when loading and unloading motorcycles. Otherwise I think way to many people spend way to much money on bed liners and never have a use for them.

WMU 3A
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 12:07 PM
New Arrival

i applied a diy kit ,raptor liner, it is a 2 part mix,went on very nice,comes with activator and gun for aroun 120.00 online.i shot the whole interior of a scout 2 with 2 coats with one kit,so far i am very pleased with the results but the truck is not in service yet.there is quite a few videos on youtube about diy truck liners.good luck
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 12:09 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by big28hunter
I have rhino lining and would certainly recommend it. However, don't make the same mistake I did by having it sprayed on any part of the lip. It will allow for some water to get in if you have a shell on your truck. But if you don,t plan on addin a cap but load a lot of heavy stuff it should protect your bed rails and not get em all beat up.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 04:48 PM

I have had two of my trucks sprayed. First was Rhino Lining. Liked it but found it to have TOO much grip. Things stayed in place in the bed but when I wanted/needed them to move/slide it became somewhat of a pain.

I currently have Line-X in my truck and prefer it. Good protection and just the right amount of grip.

To be fair to Rhino, this was 2006 and they may have changed the product for the better nowadays. Both protect and wear well.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Part of the Community

I had the rhino liner put on my 05 and was not very impressed, it chipped and pealed. A friend also got it done on 05 with the same results but like Heit said they may have changed. New truck has a drop in that came with it witch I like but next time I will get the line-x.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

i put rhino in my truck in may 2007 and to this day it was the best investment i may have ever made. i love it. hear great things about the x as well

You want me to put my ear to the ground? Listen for hoof beats? Look for broken twigs?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 05:59 PM

I have a Rhino Lining in my truck. It's a 2006, but I've only had it for a year and half so I don't know exactly how old it is. It has held up well and I haven't exactly babied it.

The only complaint I would have is things don't slide across it well, but at other times that's a good thing. Not sure I would have paid to put one in if hadn't come with one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page